Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a chance to flip the grille this afternoon. Weirdly, the emblem fits better now.

1EE1BC67-6371-45A2-AAA5-A5E972E74CAC.jpeg

Very Nice and Neat. Just FYI . I found on the GPS unit it says in the paperwork you do not have to ground it. But mine was "cutting out" randomly. Put a small gound wire on glove box to where it has a ground terminal on the GPS and have not had a problem since. Mine is mounted in the exact same position as yours.

Aw MAN! Nice touch with the Dynamap under the headliner! Any feed back/research on this application?

Ive got it under the transmission tunnel and it makes it feel and sound a lot more solid. With the AC, anywhere I can get some sort of insulation is helpful. The painters don’t like the lizard skin products and the dynamat seems to be the go to for the hot rod/restomod guys. I’ll be tucking some into the doors as well. When I did the tranny tunnel it was very easy to work with. Fingers crossed.

Make sure to clean and degrease the inside of the doors before you apply the dynamat. You don’t want it to come loose over time.
This build is so nice, thanks for posting.

I like the dynamat idea as well. Did you just get if from O'Reillys Auto parts or Summit? Also i like the idea on the inside of the doors. Wondering what your thoughts on best place to stick it to . Your doors don't have the late model door skins, like this is where i could place mine. But maybe more effective on the outside skin of the door ? I guess that would be the only option for your year 40, fitting it thru the interior door access panels and sticking it to the backside of the door.

I like the dynamat idea as well. Did you just get if from O'Reillys Auto parts or Summit? Also i like the idea on the inside of the doors. Wondering what your thoughts on best place to stick it to . Your doors don't have the late model door skins, like this is where i could place mine. But maybe more effective on the outside skin of the door ? I guess that would be the only option for your year 40, fitting it thru the interior door access panels and sticking it to the backside of the door.

The dynamat was sourced from Summit Racing. The plan for the early doors is to just get as much in as possible. Even a little should be effective. Not so much for insulation but to reduce the tin can sound. All of the rubber is new, either oem or City Racer, this should help as well.

Very nice build sir, love your attention to details👍

Headliner is finished, topside will be sprayed tomorrow. It was easiest to spray underside and finish headliner so it didn’t need to rest on the finished paint while the headliner was installed. The last round of primer dries clear, it’ll get a misting of sealer prior to the white. I’m also looking forward to installing the headlight bezel.

02DDE1DE-4AB4-4DA3-A22A-31902CD93487.jpeg

Wow, looks fantastic! IMO, a 40 isn't complete until it gets a white cap and a white bezel!!!

We don’t have a lot of 40s on the road around here. The white roof cap is usually the first thing I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom