I found where the water came in. It's at the base of the a pillar . The seam sealer either gave way, either was improperly done at the factory.
Also the leading edge of the hood has the same issue. Gor a tiny hole too in the middle.
I can give you my blue trucks hood if you would like.
Got a couple dents and a bit of rust on the front left, just like my donor.
Gave the patch a general shape, based in the existing hole. Hamerred it into the 3d shape it needed to be and then placed it over the hole. Threw some spray paint and voila! Ready to cut to exact shape and weld in.
Managed to get a piece of metal embeded in my cornea! Been off the project since Saturday. Funny enough, I was wearing eye protection but when I removed the welding mask, something went into my eye, and ofcourse I rubbed it in. After two nights of no sleep and a really angry looking eye, I went to an eye doctor who used a syringe with a long ass needle to dig the metal piece out. Long story short, I am better now, will resume work tomorrow.
Ok, back at it again. I ordered some eastwood platinum to try out. It's a thick coating of sorts, supposed to encapsulate rust. This cab had no rust issu e s but I figured I'd use it in the areas where I welded in the patches. After two coats of that, I threw some paint over after.
I will seam seal everywhere where I see that th3 original sealer deteriorated and then paint again.
Rust proofing below.
This is by no means a resto or anything, just a rattle can job to clean th3 engin3 bay b3fore I swap cabs. Will take better pics in better light, but I think a second coat will make this look like new.