Rear lower control arm bracket protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning mudders,

Went to Hidden Falls for some wheeling, I didn't wheel my rig but was a rider, when one of the hundys was climbing I got off to look at the weak points on the hundy when climbing. I noticed almost at every steep step it repeatedly took brunt hits to the rear upper control arm brackets. Is there an aftermarket shield or protection solution for the rear upper control arm bracket? I thought I remember seeing one somewhere.

Something that would protect and ease that angle so it wont "catch" rocks.

Thanks,

2017-03-06_11-53-24.png

Last edited:
There are many produced for the 4Runner, I wonder if those would work... I don't know of any made for the 100 series yet, but it shouldn't be hard to produce. Maybe @reevesci can come up with something.

IIRC there are a few members on here who have reinforced that LCA mount in different ways. HERE is an example of one method done by @1loudLX. There is another very good example that I even liked better but I couldn't find it after searching.

This is what I meant to say. Upper Rear control bracket

I have seen guys make ramps from the frame to the bracket but I dont see the benefit personally. The control arms themselves is a good place to start they bend easy.

I have seen guys make ramps from the frame to the bracket but I dont see the benefit personally. The control arms themselves is a good place to start they bend easy.

Well I also meant to say they "Catch" rocks so some sort of skid there to ease the angle would be helpful

There are many produced for the 4Runner, I wonder if those would work... I don't know of any made for the 100 series yet, but it shouldn't be hard to produce. Maybe @reevesci can come up with something.

Me thinking @reevesci too :)

Some mods in this thread HERE showing beefing up the mount as well as the control arm itself

They sell reinforcement skids for the LCA/frame mount for FJC/4Runners as they get damaged easily, wish they made an option for the 100s

I have those on the menu. Just haven't gotten around to finishing the SW drawing.

J

YES!!!

Thanks J. would really like those after witnessing hard wheeling this weekend, they take a pounding.

Last time I hung up one, the winch is the only thing that got me off. To be fair, 2 80's with 36's winched outta the same spot.

I wonder if extending the ramp out would help it ease over significantly more rocks or just add weight. Has anyone seen this approach work in other cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom