rear body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What’s a dual motor switch?
This is a Universal Windshield Wiper Switch for Dual Motors, it’s a three position switch OFF/PARK, LOW and HIGH.

1579536502451.jpeg

I’m using a Cole Hersee Universal Dual Motor Wiper Switch - 75600-01, this switch has 4 positions: Off-Park – variable speed intermittent range - Low – High.

Cole Hersee-Cole Hersee Universal Dual Motor Wiper Switch 16VDC for Dynamic and Non-Dynamic Motors - Boxed - 75600-01-75600-01-BX

75600-04bx__28058.1560404644.jpg

This is an Intermittent Two Speed Wiper Control Unit it has 3 Functions: 3 Intermittent wipe settings, 2 Continuous wipe settings, Speeds: 2 Low – High but it also allows synchronization.

Marinco Dual Speed Wiper Motor Controller

551048WMCDSP.jpg

I went with the Cole Hersee switch instead of the control unit because synchronization wasn’t as important to me as the switch in the cab, on the Cole Hersee it’s just a rotary switch that as you turn clockwise in moves through the functions from intermittent speeds to low then fast and it alows me to retrofit a knob that looks correct with the vehicle I'm installing it in. With the control unit it has a Contura Switch Single pole double throw (SPDT) (On) - Off - (On) and you need to press either up or down to select between the settings, my Freightliner has this system and it sucks, I continually struggle with it while driving trying to click down to find a speed then randomly clicking up or down and hold for a few seconds to change speed or stop only to have it do the opposite function to what I was expecting, words alone can’t express how much I hate that system.

I continually struggle with it while driving trying to click down to find a speed then randomly clicking up or down and hold for a few seconds to change speed or stop only to have it do the opposite function to what I was expecting, words alone can’t express how much I hate that system.
How can engineers who dream up these complicated designs keep their jobs? Even more puzzling is who is lead that lets these dumb ideas out into the world.

I'm trying to remember at what point I went with the controller to keep the two motors in sync. I originally bought a universal dual motor switch similar to JMacks. I don't think I even installed it after reading several threads where others had problems with the wiper motors getting out of sync using those switches. The controller I'm using has worked well so far. I think I'm 2 years in with this system, 2 speed with an intermittent setting as well.

Yo! Christiaan

This event is piggly under represented.

will fill up fast

Onto the next project- roof bows. These took a minute to get done.
Never bent tube before. Any suggestions on the better bender to do 16gauge 1.5”square tube?

ShoutToscrappdaddy

image.jpg

:popcorn:

Never bent tube before. Any suggestions on the better bender to do 16gauge 1.5”square tube?

Are you wanting to bend or roll?

A tube roller will make the long gradual bends to fit tight up against your roof.

Tubing Roller

Swag makes dies for square tubing.

image_12123.jpg

Here's the roller I got, works good, but doesn't like square tubing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom