rear body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ended up doing a little more on the flooring but now I feel like I can move on to the firewall. Almost don’t wanna look back at the work lest I see note that I have to do.
image.jpg

6612884C-B21D-40F8-8177-36CCF47EBC8F.jpeg

About to start the fire wall. I have looked at scrapdady’s to get an idea of which holes to fill/ cover.
Would any of you guys with the V8s / 5.3s mind weighing in on which to fill in?

That whole operation was a hard one trying to figure out what holes I would need after all the "upgrading". The set of holes above the opening for the pedals was one I had to fill afterwards. I believe it was for the accelerator cable, which I didn't need.

J Mack, you crack me up. :)

That is funny!

Noticed that you left some on the passenger side...?

I think I am going to fill everything except the steering, break, and clutch holes.

What you think JMack?

What you think JMack?
Sorry man I’m zero help when it comes to putting an LS in a pig so I would do exactly what you’re doing and look at the slow 71.

As a rule for any project I would first determine what I need to pass through the firewall then buy all the components to accomplish my needs, make a plan and mount all my bulkheads, weld everything closed that’s not used after that.

My preference is to run all the electrical through one bulkhead, I use the Deutsch DRB but there is lots of other options.

https://www.wirecare.coam/category/connectors-terminals/deutsch-connectors

For any Air, Oil or Water I like to use a 37° (AN) bulkhead and fittings, cost a little more upfront but makes everything better if you have to work on it later not to mention it’s the best way to pass fluid through a firewall.

They come in steel or aluminum and you can get them anywhere.

For anything that can’t be put on a bulkhead I like seals-it seals

Grommet Seal Archives - Seals-It - Industrial Seal Manufacturer CT

Good luck your pig is looking awesome!

Fire wall is done.
E0FB6ADB-ABBF-4753-9790-F83EC1A51E6D.jpeg

Sooo much grinding
FFA7E368-DE69-496B-8039-D2B7F10F1D97.jpeg

Boy! When I look back I am amazed at all the work! When I was looking at it to start it was ‘oh, all I have to do is this and that.’ Good order. Would not have like to look at the start with ‘oh my god that is so much work!’

Just gotta fix the holes where the dash pad went. It was though the thing was just pryed off with a crowbar. Also going to flatten that seam that the pad had set on. Once again like scrapdaddy had done.

So I have these torn out holes that I plan on filling on top of the dash. They are too small to make a fill piece but so large. Are there any tricks to filling such a hole. I plan to hammer flat and then....
image.jpg

Drive by wire is referring to the accelerator pedal? I would like that better than an electronic pedal. Just about to start the research into that.

I have a full float rear fj60 axle on the back now, so I have that parking brake now. I have it mounted between the seats now but if I have the cable reach I will move it between the door and the seat.

Is there any other to get? Restomod Air, I think it’s called the Vapir lll. The thought of AC is so exciting. Did a month through Mexico years back and the heat did color the trip. It will be nice to travel with such style!

Grinding is definitely something that I am getting better at. To do less i am really starting to think about what I am doing when welding!

Drive by wire means no cable or linkage to the carb. It's what the newer motors like mine use. You welded up the hole for the accelerator cable in the firewall.

I guess I’ll be driving by wire. I was thinking that with a cable I could always rig something if it broke. I guess the new stuff is best. Although that has not been my experience, Ie refrigerators!

Figured I’d just weld everything and then just cut It where was best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom