rear body mounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a little surface rust on them. I imagine that a lite sandblast will be enough to take care of that!

I have been dreaming of the day I would be using these things. Stoked!

Ignorance abounds! What’s a doubler?
A backing plate to weld to.

Joint-configurations-for-friction-stir-welding-a-square-butt-b-edge-butt-c-T.png

Best photo I could find, if you look at "A" that is a "Square Butt Weld" what I'm saying I would do to make that joint easier to weld is add a third piece of steel on the inside to form "D" a "Lap Joint"
Hope this helps my crappy first description.

If only Dave had been making quality LC stuff a little while longer (tongue firmly inserted in cheek). Body for my Pig came from his yard.

Just came across this company local to me for the “DIY” or “Martha” in you.

@TRAIL TAILOR has some sick “Landcruiser” tread plates. I wonder if those can be ordered a la cart.

Or just order the whole slider from him 😁🤘

D549B938-AEA8-4922-84A7-3F5808F7B0E3.jpeg

Nookshnear you are always hookin me up! Still stoked on the white knuckle affair.

On my original the 4x4 that is on the above picture, I extended it to the front of the fender. Meaning I cut the fender. The reason I go into this is because I saw those two tabs to stabilize the bottom of your fender a long time ago! Haha I LOVE PICS. Thanks! Those two tabs are on my original and, as well, will be on this project.

Sounds cool to write ‘this project’. That might be the beers.

I would love to do the air tank thing but I am worried about the water that is created-rust.

How did you handle this?

Air rank thing is super cool/space efficient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom