rear body mounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My friends are going to Coyote Flats in November. I was thinking of going but I am not sure if I will in the middle of an upgrade at the time.

November will be chilly willy! Super fun. There was a part of the track that drops down into Big Pine but I was too scared to do this one section. Super off camber with the consequence being a roll down the hill. No go! Felt like a puss but felt like that driving home in my own rig.

Saw this as I was about to take a nap under the thing. If it were up front I would think bircield seal, but I can’t remember what’s what in there.

3250FB82-CB9F-49DC-A2B7-5265BC3806F1.jpeg

D7871125-B65F-4C48-A354-2DD44B02D914.jpeg

spindle seal . i think , allows gear oil in hub assy.then leaks out rear hub bearing seal . looks the same as my floater in mine

Hub all fixed up- hopefully. Now back to procrastinating on the rear body mounts.

That pre-load setting is sooo subjective. I have heard so many methods of how to do. I think I might have it now, but really feel like the gray area is so big!

Saw this as I was about to take a nap under the thing. If it were up front I would think bircield seal, but I can’t remember what’s what in there.

That rust repair is ton of work. Looks great.

Sorry for getting OT but I noticed the parking brake cable on your rear drums. What cable are you using and what pull (60 series mounted on the floor)?

Thanks

I have a fj60 full float and I run it up to a spot just to the right of the driver. I like where scrapdaddy place his better-to the right side, but I can’t remember if he extended the cable. I didn’t.

I do t know if it will show up in your area but the movie Free Solo is worth a travel to see! O e of the most outstanding achievement in sports ever. And I can say that without a pause. Mat Geo sponsored it and it was INCREDIBLE!
A must see

I do t know if it will show up in your area but the movie Free Solo is worth a travel to see! O e of the most outstanding achievement in sports ever. And I can say that without a pause. Mat Geo sponsored it and it was INCREDIBLE!
A must see

Oh I know. My friend all have tickets. Im heading to vegas to climb at red rock on Thursday. My third time this year! My brother in law sees honnold fairly often when hes running out there in red rock.

I have a fj60 full float and I run it up to a spot just to the right of the driver. I like where scrapdaddy place his better-to the right side, but I can’t remember if he extended the cable. I didn’t.

So you are using a 60 series parking brake cable then? I thought it would be cool to connect it to the dash pull but on the driver side like it is in a 40. Otherwise Im going to use a 60 or 70 series floor pull handle. Ill have a 70 series FF axle in mine.

So I was able to get out and do some work the other day! I have been under the water for a bit with work :(
I have been having problems with my tailgate window. It goes up like gangbusters but when I get to the last 4-5 inches lowering it boggs down to the point where it will flip the resistor (I think that is what it is) and then after waiting a little bit I repeat little by little to get it all the way down. Last I had it out I leaned and regreased the arms and gears.
there is nothing that I can see that is binding. Exasperated

Thoughts?

Couple of thoughts.... Like Bob said, maybe the felt in the tracks have bunched up at the bottom and the glass is binding there. Happened to me. Also, check if the glass is at an angle (cocked) going up and down, it will bind when not straight.

Good luck with it!

Got some time to fix some long overdue problems. The fuel gauge has been reading over full always so I got back there and pulled out the Float/sending unit and saw that there was a bit of wear on one of the wires. So as I was rewrapping that I pulled the unit out a little more and out came the whole thing. The wire that runs up to the gauge had been smashed somehow and was now completely severed. Sweet! that makes for an easy fix. So finished wrapping the worn wire inside the tank and reran the sending wire with a path that would not be in jeopardy of future smashing. Whoa and behold as I was down below found that on of the tailgate wires was worn through as well and was shorting on surrounding metal-cut and rewrapped and done.

Procrastination should be my middle name. I was worried that the fuel gauge problem was going to be something bigger and was simply and easy fix which then lead me to another unrelated problem that was an easy fix and now I have a working fuel gauge and have fixed a random short! I am such a chicken!

All this motivated me to get after my tailgate window and now (for now) I have a working tailgate window! That was not as rewarding tho because that thing is so tempermental. It left me with a "okay so its working now" feeling rather than a "its fixed feeling".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom