rear body mounts (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thing is up and rolling! I guess so far I got the preload right. Just gotta get the electric to the things. Had this rig for since I think '92 and I never thought I would have something as cool as Harrop lo

Did up a little box for the switch w room for another cool switch like a front locker! Will get a spot on the dash when I make the new dash. Maybe down the road a bit
Alot more meat down there on that back tire!

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Christiaan,

Could you talk some more about the rear locker? I've heard of them, but don't know anything.

So fun! Old cars.

So I was working on some other gauges and finished that and was later out driving with the lights on and the dash and running lights went out. :( After checking around with my trusty lighted tester found out that just coincidentally the headlight switch on my dash was to be blamed. That, of coarse, was after scratching my head for a while trying to figure out what wrong I had done on the just finished gauges.

Had power into the switch but none going out. Took out the switch. Took it apart. Sanded the copper pieces. Put it back together. Vuala!!! I am back in business. It got me looking at the rest of the switch, but without success- dimmer only functions as an on/off capable and the cool tiny light bulb that lights the pull tab was evidently burned out. Tomorrow I am going to the bulb store to try to replace the bulb, but don't have alot of hope that I will find a replacement.

So, that being said, I am back to running where I was before, the dimmer and light bulb had never worked anyway. Sweet.

Any hints on fixing that dimmer? Or even better has anyone tackle a new light switch?

So fun! Old cars.

So I was working on some other gauges and finished that and was later out driving with the lights on and the dash and running lights went out. :( After checking around with my trusty lighted tester found out that just coincidentally the headlight switch on my dash was to be blamed. That, of coarse, was after scratching my head for a while trying to figure out what wrong I had done on the just finished gauges.

Had power into the switch but none going out. Took out the switch. Took it apart. Sanded the copper pieces. Put it back together. Vuala!!! I am back in business. It got me looking at the rest of the switch, but without success- dimmer only functions as an on/off capable and the cool tiny light bulb that lights the pull tab was evidently burned out. Tomorrow I am going to the bulb store to try to replace the bulb, but don't have alot of hope that I will find a replacement.

So, that being said, I am back to running where I was before, the dimmer and light bulb had never worked anyway. Sweet.

Any hints on fixing that dimmer? Or even better has anyone tackle a new light switch?

Did you ever find the bulb? It should be the same as a 40 bulb, and I think they are readily available...

We (Cruiser Outfitters) stock a new bulb and a new switch however it's a non-US and doesn't have the dimmer function :(

The original with dimmer is NLA

Put on a fj80 steering wheel. Pretty stoked. It is smaller, feels cooler, and, I think, looks great! When driving down the freeway the steering has alot of play. So now the movement is minimized with a smaller diameter wheel. Had to do a little grinding, drilling, and such, but now I have blinkers and horn and am on my way! Oh, as well, got a new blinker assembly too. Way better then the 42 year old version. Funny the little "horn glide' was non existent and not having the notches on the plastic makes the action like butter!

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0006 (1).JPG

IMG_0022 (2).JPG

IMG_0001 (1).JPG

Good work, but let's see it mounted. I often think about the possibility of mounting my old wheel on a new aftermarket column.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom