Random WTF Pig For Sale Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut and paste about that photo:

This is the Sand Spider aptly named by my friend Didi while on a Death Valley wheeling adventure. It is a '76 FJ55 convertible, spring over with custom built rancho leaves, 12" lift total with 35" yokohama superdigger IV's on 12" rims. The engine/drivetrain is stock. Interior has a custom made rollcage and a stereo system with 12 speakers and 790 watts as well as a Cobra CB radio. This picture was taken at Burning Man '97 in the Black Rock desert in Northern Nevada. The trailer is a 1965 Landcruiser FJ20 (FJ40 cut in half). It sports a 25 gal. Extra fuel tank 35" Mud TA's and various other goodies like a 45 gallon cooler full of beer for those way out trips to the desert. The week before this trip I took her through the Rubicon trail without the trailer. Please pay homage as she was hit by a semi truck last week and totalled. I'm putting this pic up in honor...sorry Didi --lukanius

Thanks for that. I've had that pic saved on my computer for ever it seems. Nice to know the back story.

Wish HD cameras were around then.

Wonder whatever happened to the similar-looking one from southern CA that showed up at the North Rim Pig Party.

Wonder whatever happened to the similar-looking one from southern CA that showed up at the North Rim Pig Party.

The owner of that one passed away. His son sold the solid blue one awhile back and I'm not sure what he did with the chop top. He was a nice guy and made one heck of a good pizza. Rest in peace, brother! :beer:

Ya that was sad to hear. He lived only 25 mins away but we could never hook up. Those pizzas were really good.

I think the best way to restage that is with Landcruisnman's pig. He has a convertible. Maybe J Mack can rock a tutu.

The owner of that one passed away. His son sold the solid blue one awhile back and I'm not sure what he did with the chop top. He was a nice guy and made one heck of a good pizza. Rest in peace, brother! :beer:
Great pizza cooked in cast iron. Bonnie had a talk with them about cast iron cooking and lamented the fact she didn't have a dutch oven with the indented lid for holding coals and legs for setting in a campfire. The last day of the Pig Party, the younger man walked over to our camp and gave her one from their collection. We've put it to good use ever since. Just one more of so many examples of the camaraderie and generosity of Pig owners. RIP

That dutch oven is a permanent fixture in the camp kit we carry on our Pig expeditions.

I remember them saying the chop top was actually their parts rig and that they threw it together in just a few days to drive it to the Pig Party. Wish I had a picture of it but apparently don't after checking my collection.

Such a deal already, I’m telling you.... $8500

32D12A68-3740-4882-AE95-E84681177546.jpeg

@J Mack I am always amazed at the pictures you post. They're always fantastic and often absolutely hilarious. You must have quite an organized stash of pics on your computer!
That pic goes waaay back to the pre-IH8MUD days of Birfield.com. That was at one of the first Burning Man shindigs IIRC.
Yeah, that is a classic from the way-back machine. IIRC, there was a more risque picture from that series as well...

Cut and paste about that photo:

This is the Sand Spider aptly named by my friend Didi while on a Death Valley wheeling adventure. It is a '76 FJ55 convertible, spring over with custom built rancho leaves, 12" lift total with 35" yokohama superdigger IV's on 12" rims. The engine/drivetrain is stock. Interior has a custom made rollcage and a stereo system with 12 speakers and 790 watts as well as a Cobra CB radio. This picture was taken at Burning Man '97 in the Black Rock desert in Northern Nevada. The trailer is a 1965 Landcruiser FJ20 (FJ40 cut in half). It sports a 25 gal. Extra fuel tank 35" Mud TA's and various other goodies like a 45 gallon cooler full of beer for those way out trips to the desert. The week before this trip I took her through the Rubicon trail without the trailer. Please pay homage as she was hit by a semi truck last week and totalled. I'm putting this pic up in honor...sorry Didi --lukanius

When was that original post? Wondering when that Pig got pasted by a semi? That is not a contest I would want to get into. I am sure the Pig did not fare well, I hope the people in the Pig (if any) survived...

That was just the '19 Pig Party, eh? Really sad to hear we lost a Pig brethren...

Great pizza cooked in cast iron. Bonnie had a talk with them about cast iron cooking and lamented the fact she didn't have a dutch oven with the indented lid for holding coals and legs for setting in a campfire. The last day of the Pig Party, the younger man walked over to our camp and gave her one from their collection. We've put it to good use ever since. Just one more of so many examples of the camaraderie and generosity of Pig owners. RIP

What a great story! And now great memories when you use the dutch oven!

I remember them saying the chop top was actually their parts rig and that they threw it together in just a few days to drive it to the Pig Party. Wish I had a picture of it but apparently don't after checking my collection.

Does anyone have any pics of that Pork Chop?

When was that original post? Wondering when that Pig got pasted by a semi? That is not a contest I would want to get into. I am sure the Pig did not fare well, I hope the people in the Pig (if any) survived...

Reference was Off-Road.com

Cut and paste:

Reader's Rigs: Jul 1997 - Dec 1997

Oct. 01, 2005By ORC STAFF

That's a little confusing but I'm guessing it was posted in 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom