Radio options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Whats a good off the shelf radio replacement for the dash hole? It'd be good if it had input from Bluetooth or just a mini input plug and perhaps switchable output to an intercom system. Speakers are a nice novelty too but are really just there for looks when you're whining down the road.

WHAT DID YOU SAY!??!! I SAW YOUR LIPS MOVING!!??!

Pyle makes a basic unit that fits the stock hole. Don't know what features it has.

An 81 Nissan Sentra radio bolts in using stock mounts and even has RCA input jacks on the back.

Tuffy makes a two speaker steel pod that you can bolt to the tranny tunnel that doesn't interfere with the shifting. I layed it on its back with the cut out facing forward. The speakers are angled perfectly toward the passengers. Plus with that location there is minimal wiring to run. Looks good and won't fall apart. Acoustics may not be the best but let's be honest, we're not trying to win stereo competitions in a 40. hahaha

Dual Speaker Security Box for Jeep Wrangler YJ, CJ-7, CJ-5

Last edited:
I mounted a retro sound stereo about a month ago, it works really good but I don't know what long-term vibration and dust are going to do to it.

Another thought, does anyone make any cool looking plugs for the hole? I know there was a blank for the no radio option but I've not seen one for years.

This is the unit bikersmurf is referring to. I installed this unit a few years ago and it still works.

Here is the retro style one installed in mine. I really like the look and it fit great:

33672829711_204ba77342_c.jpg

You could put a stock cover plate there, or get an interface unit.

I would trim the faceplate so it sits flush. Probably trim the entire raised lip to make it look uniform. Or you could do what I did and make a sheet metal faceplate and paint it the same color as the rest of the car. I didn't do it for the radio but did it for my three gauges.

Oh, you boys and your toys :rolleyes:

Now I want one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom