Quality differences between Yoshiwara and Tahara? (1 Viewer)

Where was your 200 made?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. That’s true, but I’ve been interviewing for an international position under the larger Mr. T umbrella this month and had hoped to get a tour arranged through that connection. The tour offer didn’t come to fruition when I inquired, so I made do. Did you and @OGBeno get a tour there as part of your professional connections?

Yes.
85902801-D9D4-4BFF-89E7-964B65F3A9F2.jpeg

Oh, it was.

Just checked, my 2020 was made in Yoshiwara.

I just checked - my LC was made to be driven on nasty roads, long tracks, and lonely highways. Could not care less about where it was made. Toyota is Toyota.

That being said, glad my 2015 was not made in China like quite a few were between 2008-2016.

I just checked - my LC was made to be driven on nasty roads, long tracks, and lonely highways. Could not care less about where it was made. Toyota is Toyota.

That being said, glad my 2015 was not made in China like quite a few were between 2008-2016.

Say what?????????

Now thats an intriguing post… you are either joking or about to break some hearts lol.

What in the world is that about? Did they send a batch to Australia or something? Do tell.

I don’t think any Land Cruiser was made in China. Maybe @cruiserdan or @OGBeno can chime in.
I guarantee they were. I was in the Chinese plant in 2008. Really, a collection of plants. Toyota built them in their immense China operation for 8 years. Not to say those were imported to the NA market, but they did build them. Along with Corollas, Tercels, Prius, Crowns, Camrys, Hiluxes, vans, buses, etc. Even Land Cruiser Prado 120s and 150s. Before 2008 the plant built lots of 100s as well.

The plants are still cranking out product, just no longer 200s.

Last edited:
I guarantee they were. I was in the Chinese plant in 2008. Really, a collection of plants. Toyota built them in their immense China operation for 8 years. Not to say those were imported to the NA market, but they did build them. Along with Corollas, Tercels, Pruis, Crowns, Camrys, Hiluxes, vans, buses, etc. Even Land Cruiser Prado 120s and 150s. Before 2008 the plant built lots of 100s as well.

The plants are still cranking out product, just no longer 200s.

Well, news to me and pretty disappointing.

They sold land cruisers in china, not that hard to believe they’d build some for that market.

Very interesting topic.
I for some reason thought all LCs were built in Yoshiwara.

It got me thinking so I dug through some of my old insurance emails to get the VIN numbers of all the 200s I have owned over the years.
Of the 5 200s I have owned or will own come tomorrow when I pickup my 2018.

3 were built at the Yoshiwara plant These are the 11 LC I still own , the 11 LX I use to own, and the 2018 that I am about to own.
1 was built at the Tahara plant This was one of my 2011 LCs
1 was built at plat X (not sure what X means) This was my 2010 LC

4 = Yoshiwara
5 = Tahara
X= ?????
What would an X mean. My 2010 has an X as the 11th digit a 0 is after that.

Did anyone figure out how one person reported their 11th digit was an X? Based on the table, that meant their 2010 LC 200 was built in the US.

screenshot-2022-11-30-at-11-47-09-am-png.3182015

Did anyone figure out how one person reported their 11th digit was an X? Based on the table, that meant their 2010 LC 200 was built in the US.

screenshot-2022-11-30-at-11-47-09-am-png.3182015
I believe that chart is missing code T, the TMNT plant located in the sewers of NYC.

(I misread R the first time around…)

I don’t think any Land Cruiser was made in China. Maybe @cruiserdan or @OGBeno can chime in.

Yes. Plenty. China is a big enough market to have LC manufacture. Like the US, certain % of total parts must come from Chinese suppliers. Like the US, they are Toyota Group companies with tie-ups locally and/or complete divisions meant for the Chinese market.

Nothing new.

That makes sense. For some reason I thought the LC platform was only made in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom