Quality differences between Yoshiwara and Tahara? (2 Viewers)

Where was your 200 made?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't but I could be wrong.

I'm a 5 on my '10 LC so must be a Tahara. 85k miles and no issues so far other than unwanted deer strikes....

Edit: I did have the HVAC blend door issue but that was probably due to the dealer forcing it open to change the cabin air filter. I fixed it per the directions in a post a year or so back.

Last edited:
My '11 LC was made at Tahara.

I had a timing chain cover leak and the beginnings of passenger bank cam tower leaks. But like was mentioned, can't blame the motor on the factory.

Now my KDSS components looked brand new when I bought it at 87k in spring '16 though.

Yoshiwara

Water pump and subsequent fan bracket @ 95k. KDSS shutter valves were fine (and it has been in Utah since new). No issues other than rear driveline clunk, too old for warranty or recall.

5 - Tahara.

No issues at all. 79.000 kms ODO, year 2009. GCC version.
Twice center diff lock was blinking. Engine restart helped, probably some kind of electrical gremlin.

#4. I purchased a 2013 in July . 33,000 on her now with no leaks or squeaks.

5 - Tahara on my 2011 LC. No issues... 66k miles so far.

2011 at the Tahara plant. 51k miles, tight and solid with no squeaks/rattles/leaks.

Yoshi. 13'. 85k. No issues (I hate writing this... a bit superstitious knocking on wood... now).

2015 LC Yoshi Plant. Bought with 18,500K now 20K, no issues.

Have a 5 on mine 08 LC I’ve had it 5 months
Only problem is my dvd won’t close correctly I have to hold it when it closes for the latch to connect

Yoshiwara - 2015 - now at 72k miles no problems. And I mean the Toyota definition of no problems.

I love how on other brand forums people make statements like: "My car has been absolutely bulletproof. Just replaced both turbos, turbo oil lines, the clutches in the transmission, and the AC condenser before 100k miles."

:D It's all relative.

Yoshiwara - 2015 - now at 72k miles no problems. And I mean the Toyota definition of no problems.

I love how on other brand forums people make statements like: "My car has been absolutely bulletproof. Just replaced both turbos, turbo oil lines, the clutches in the transmission, and the AC condenser before 100k miles."

:D It's all relative.

Turbo's?...

Very interesting topic.
I for some reason thought all LCs were built in Yoshiwara.

It got me thinking so I dug through some of my old insurance emails to get the VIN numbers of all the 200s I have owned over the years.
Of the 5 200s I have owned or will own come tomorrow when I pickup my 2018.

3 were built at the Yoshiwara plant These are the 11 LC I still own , the 11 LX I use to own, and the 2018 that I am about to own.
1 was built at the Tahara plant This was one of my 2011 LCs
1 was built at plat X (not sure what X means) This was my 2010 LC

4 = Yoshiwara
5 = Tahara
X= ?????
What would an X mean. My 2010 has an X as the 11th digit a 0 is after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom