Builds Project Old Blue - 1973 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the original steering stabilizer today with an OME replacement. Waiting on my DUI to show up Monday, and my valve seals and associated tools to get started on the next phase.

893E52FD-2529-4693-B3CF-190B49533903.jpeg

DUI came in today, so I decided to just throw it in tonight. I’d say this is a 1.2 banana job. Make sure you’re at TDC, pull the old distributor, note rotor rotation. Put in DUI, hook up 1 wire from the original coil (black-yellow). Install live wires in the same order, gap plugs to .45. Turned the key and fired right up with zero choke 😳. Set timing to 12 deg, idle at 700 rpm. Will fine tune tomorrow. So happy it was easy and the motor is running smoother!

69C8671B-5D34-4FB0-A8E5-1FFB18722168.jpeg

Decided to check out the front brakes since they were pulling pretty good to the right. The drums were definitely on good. A lot of BFH and a hand held torch did the trick though. Original wheel cylinders, but no leaks, frozen adjusters though. Tons of spider webs 🕸 Pulled the spindles and ordered new bearing sets from Cruiser Outfitters. Hope the temps get below 100 degrees to keep working!

8E976869-427E-4FE7-9138-A8D7A358DCB1.jpeg

Wrapped up both front and rear brake jobs. New wheel bearings and wheel studs up front, cleaned up the 6 spline warn hubs and resurfaced all drums. Bled all 4 corners and it’s stopping straight and true. While I was at it, I installed Bilstein 33-062518 on all 4 corners. New fj40dash.com upper dash pad to round it out.

CE7983D7-C271-4AEB-A4D0-08D117D1D710.jpeg

30B0F998-6954-4E8B-94EE-5B21DBA4B4A6.jpeg

DFF52559-C1A5-4014-9A07-AF882EB6601E.jpeg

Here’s the current state. Today I installed a new clutch master since the old one was leaking down the firewall. New regulator, fuse box, and went through the wiring. Other misc additions.

View attachment 2233609

Front bucket seats have been recovered in CruiserCorps Coral seat covers and I picked up long jump seats from @Ben edwards.

View attachment 2233608

View attachment 2233612
How are you liking the cruiser corps covers? I’m eventually going to do mine with SOR or cruiser corps.

How are you liking the cruiser corps covers? I’m eventually going to do mine with SOR or cruiser corps.
So far so good. They’re holding up well, jumping in and out, not noticing any wrinkles or indentions. Planning on getting the jump seats covers soon.

So far so good. They’re holding up well, jumping in and out, not noticing any wrinkles or indentions. Planning on getting the jump seats covers soon.

can i have the privlage of donating a small detail to your PJCT ? 😇

this should be on the RH side instead of the black grommet

@HelloKitty65 / kieth can verify this detail

i reproduced these 100% period correct in every way :cool:

1627879619474.png

1627879647515.png

can i have the privlage of donating a small detail to your PJCT ? 😇

this should be on the RH side instead of the black grommet

@HelloKitty65 / kieth can verify this detail

i reproduced these 100% period correct in every way :cool:

View attachment 2748098

View attachment 2748099
Thanks Matt! Are you talking about the Vader light hole or the other on the side of the cluster. Mine’s a 10/72, so I have the brake light where yours is posted above. 🤔

Thanks Matt! Are you talking about the Vader light hole or the other on the side of the cluster. Mine’s a 10/72, so I have the brake light where yours is posted above. 🤔

certian years 40's use 4 or more of these chrome delete plugs

you tell me how many you need ?

i send them ......

simple as that :)

the VADER HOLE , IN dash indicators old CIG sockets all same size spec. ...fyi

PM me if you like any

no cost involved .............. :)

I guess I’ll update with a few pictures. Wrapped up the brake re-fresh with a new master, booster and center soft line. Everything is working great now. Installed the OEM soft top bows. Just enjoying driving it now. Next up will be Headers/exhaust, and valve seal replacement.
4C9D7753-5C03-4046-9A1B-37FFA6FA1FAA.jpeg

AF354C56-C7D6-4B98-B8AE-6AB33633FE3B.jpeg

@KingAir Driver Is the suspension completely stock, no lift of any kind? This thing looks great!

@KingAir Driver Is the suspension completely stock, no lift of any kind? This thing looks great!
As far as I can tell, it has the stock springs with extended shackles in the rear. That’s how I bought it. The rear fenders have been cut to accommodate the fender flare angles. No rubbing as far as I can tell with the current setup with 33’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom