Project Hundy Build Thread - 2000 UZJ100 Land Cruiser (Deathstar) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I did a thing. I sent the Deathstar home with a new owner. It was HARD to do for a grip of reason, time being one of the big ones... it takes time to sell a vehicle even when I've had a buyer for the last 2 years :D

It seem like longer than 2 years... but I guess this makes it public now!

got it out a couple of time the over the past 3 weeks... mostly just camping. and the kids are enjoying it also.

IMG_7727.jpg

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7690.JPG

Damn, and still on those tires :D

Glad to see her getting such great use!

so for anyone that might have a river rock hundy, I am looking for a DS mirror, passenger speaker grill, passenger window switch, tan steering wheel in good shape. Tires are coming soon Kurt...

I have been taking on small projects here and there getting things done. I have never been a fan of the faux wood trim in the 80s and the 100's... so since the trim was starting to separate in a few spots I went ahead and liberated all of it. it took a little time since I didn't use a heat gun or anything just my driver's license or any card that I had on hand to slip under the VHB that was holding it on.i think it turned out pretty good except some sore fingertips.

IMG_7955[1].JPG

IMG_7956[1].JPG

IMG_7957[1].JPG

IMG_7960[1].JPG

early on in July, the power antenna gave up and the retractor line broke. this lead to me picking up a good used one, this project has snowballed a little bit. when I pulled the old antenna out I found a hole in the snorkel so I didn't reinstall the antenna. I have pulled the snorkel off to repair it which freed me up to pull the fender and repair some rust damage that is a result of an accident early in this cruisers life.

Up a few posts you will see a large raft on top of the truck when loading the boat my father-in-law stood on the bumper and a bit of the hood, he ended up touching the windshield with his toe and a huge crack propagated from a small rock chip that I was going to have repaired... so I ended up need a new windshield and now that the snorkel and fender are off I figured I would swing it in so the glass guys wouldn't have to work around the snorkel.

I have been pulling parts off here and there when I have some downtime at work and caught the sandblaster at the perfect time and he blasted it while I waited! he told me there was a fair amount of body filler in the panel along with a few cracks. last night I welded up the cracks and decided to ditch moldings so I fill those holes as well. rather than weld them shut and deal with warpage and everything I did it just like I did on my 80 when I deflared that and put a couple of layers of fiberglass on the back side and filler the front. it won't be a perfect body job but it will be good enough to hide behind a kangaroo bar.
once I have this side done and ready for primer I will pull the other side and get it preped ready for the base coat and so I can shoot at the same time. prior to the clear coat, I will wet sand the hood and then clear everything together. hopefully, it will all match! I am sure it will be good enough for me.

and a side note I did get new tires the other day for it also.

IMG_8119[1].JPG

IMG_8122[1].JPG

IMG_8121[1].JPG

IMG_8127[1].JPG

so for anyone that might have a river rock hundy, I am looking for a DS mirror, passenger speaker grill, passenger window switch, tan steering wheel in good shape. Tires are coming soon Kurt...

@mderrick I was in the same position you were in finding some interior parts for my hundy. Looked all over the interweb, ebay is a good spot, but some prices were outside my limit. I went to the stealership and that was even worse. I went on and found the website below for a dismantler and took my chances there. Ended up finding a decent DS Front window switch bezel, DS speaker cover, and front PS window switch bezel.

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Good Luck!

Danm dude, you are getting after it. I was always hoping to find a clean set of River Rock Mica fenders, both had a decent amount of filler from the fender-bender the PO's wife got into (ran into their own garage as I recall?). The hood was repainted at the same time to my knowledge but I don't think it had much if any filler? Perhaps it came off a different vehicle?

Excited to see how things come back together. The old girl is getting the love she needs and deserves!

I was able to sneak some time in yesterday and mount the fender after letting it cure for an extra day. I think the paint is still a little soft and working around the roo bar was a pain, I tried to take to off but it was not cooperative. i took a few shots during the painting and then a before and after.

IMG_8141[1].JPG

IMG_8143[1].JPG

IMG_8119[1].JPG

IMG_8154[1].JPG

I didn’t go through every page but was that the one that had the time lapse vid on youtube?

I didn’t go through every page but was that the one that had the time lapse vid on youtube?

the previous owner did a sweet time-lapse video when he did the main build. mine will be pretty mild from here out, just cleaning up age-related issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom