Builds Project "Devil Frog" - Isaac's '69 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought that was Mexico? Or maybe that's just because those cars always have chihuahua plates.

Back to school for you - Mexico is in America - North America..

Only if it was 2UZFE. But I already have too much invested in the 3FE, so that ship has sailed.

that ship hasn't sailed just yet - sell the 3FE and get a LS1. You'll be $$ ahead with this combo and a very effective solution vs the 2UZFE :D Heck, you can probably just a 4.2 GM Inline 6 with VVTI and you'll still be money ahead (291 hp/275 ft-lb) and 400+lbs lighter than the 2FE :D Saw this engine + auto tranny on CL for $500 three weeks ago (out of a Trailblazer).

Just rattling your cage!

that ship hasn't sailed just yet - sell the 3FE and get a LS1. You'll be $$ ahead with this combo and a very effective solution vs the 2UZFE :D Heck, you can probably just a 4.2 GM Inline 6 with VVTI and you'll still be money ahead (291 hp/275 ft-lb) and 400+lbs lighter than the 2FE :D Saw this engine + auto tranny on CL for $500 three weeks ago (out of a Trailblazer).

Just rattling your cage!

So when is your swap gonna start?

You've been telling everyone this is the greatest engine since sliced bread, but I don't see you swapping yet...

:flipoff2:

He is letting John do it first.

So when is your swap gonna start?

You've been telling everyone this is the greatest engine since sliced bread, but I don't see you swapping yet...

:flipoff2:

I'm still holding out for a 1HD-FT.....some day.....

:meh:

Knowing what I know now with a couple of these installs under our belt, I am not impressed with that engine.

People don't install that engine to be impressed with the performance. They install it to be impressed in a "gee wiz" kind of way.

Owning a diesel myself here in NM I can say that they will never save you money. Maintenence costs are higher but that is made up for by the better fuel economy. However, diesel is significantly more expensive here and more-than off sets the economy.
I love our CRD, but a 3.7 petrol would be much cheaper to run in the same rig.
I really like the displacement-on-demand engine in my Ram. That would be good fun in a Cruiser....

You have to have something that makes you different, otherwise you'll be like every other schmuck out there.

alia176 said:

Just rattling your cage!

If I were chasing specs, I would just gotten a Rubicon and swapped in a Hemi or LS1. I want a pure bred toyota land cruiser.

jstncse said:
You have to have something that makes you different, otherwise you'll be like every other schmuck out there.

Go right hand drive like all the cool kids.

Plus $1,000 to get it here. Give me a DOD GM or Mopar for half that much and I'll put the rest in the tank :)

I'd just get a 70 up there...

With a 3B?

You can drive in the shoulder while 2F's pass you.

That's okay - I'd pass them up while they were at the gas station...

Errrh I mean petrol station.

I already have a 2F so I know...

My turbo2h got nearly the same economy as my well-tuned 2f. My 3b got between 17-23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom