SOLD Pristine 1983 FJ60 aka: Cream Puff - TEXAS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay.... this is an opportunity to purchase (what I feel) is one of the best examples of an unmolested, low mileage, rust-free 60-Series Land Cruiser in the country.

I’m moving on to other Land Cruiser projects, and I need to raise some capital and clear some garage space for my next project. I’ll be listing this on BaT soon, but wanted to offer it here on Mud first. This way my fellow Mudders can avoid the transaction fees associated with BaT.

Anyone that knows me or has seen this Cruiser knows that it is near perfect. Both mechanically and cosmetically. This cruiser turns heads everywhere and is ready to drive across town, across the mountains, or across the country.

It has earned the moniker “Cream Puff” due to its pristine condition. It really wouldn’t take much to turn this into a concourse vehicle, but I always preferred keeping it original.

It’s been meticulously maintained by myself, and my local Land Cruiser friends. I never let a “mechanic” touch this truck. You can be sure that everything was done correctly (or I did it twice)!

In all cases, I used Toyota OEM parts when available. The list is really too long to detail here, but I will try and list some highlights:

-Knuckles done
-OME medium lift with 33” KO2’s
-Intake milled with new gasket
-Desmog (done correctly)
-Rebuilt OEM carb
-All new belts and hoses
-Complete cooling system done

Including:

-New CSF radiator
-Aisin water pump
-OEM Thermostat
-New OEM fan and fan clutch
-Recent compression test in spec
-Brand new OEM PS pump
-Rebuilt steering gearbox
-Rebuilt OEM alternator
-New Aisin clutch master & slave
-New Flowmaster 40 muffler
-2” Hitch receiver
-Full sized brand new KO2 spare tire
-And more....
-I have an entire file of receipts

Also, what I think is a very unique and valuable record for this cruiser... The original buyer started a mileage and maintenance journal when the truck was purchased new. Every owner thereafter (including myself) has maintained and kept this journal up to date. Literally everything that has been done to this cruiser, has been recorded into this log. I can even tell you what day the original trailer hitch was installed! It’s a very cool piece of history that I hope the next owner maintains.

There are a few more projects that I wanted to complete, but were lower priority and I became sidetracked with my 80-series build.

I’d be happy to quote a price to perform the work before delivery, but these projects do not impact the short or long-term drivability of the vehicle. They are:

1. Transfer case rebuild.

I have the kit in hand and will include at full offer price. T-case works perfectly but has a small leak at the front output shaft seal. I was just going to rebuild the entire thing.

2. Reverse light switch

Again, I have the switch in hand and will include at full offer price

3. Front PS fender replacement

A previous owner had repaired a minor fender bender, however, the paint is starting to chip and there is a small blemish. It’s been there since I’ve owned the truck and was always on my list to do. I have a replacement fender in hand that I will include at full offer price. It just needs to be painted to match and swapped out. I even have the paint ready and will include it for you or your body shop. Also, I will be happy to quote you to paint and replace the fender pre-delivery if you like.

I think that’s it. If I think of anything else, I’ll edit the post.

The interior really stands out on this cruiser. Everything has been refreshed and really looks brand new. Even the dash is a 9.5/10 with only minor cracking in the corners. Upholstery has all been redone with high quality replica fabric. It looks stunning. Carpet and headliner is new. Rear and passenger dome lights are new, as well as super bright, high quality Odd Iron LED light kits installed.

I’ve installed a Bluetooth capable Sony head unit in the dash. It works great and I’ve color matched the display lighting to match the other dash lights. It looks good. Sorry, I needed more than the original stereo had to offer, but you can source an original stereo if you want to take it completely back to stock.

I’ve also deleted the useless sandwich holder and replaced with the highly sought after OEM inclinometer. This feature alone will save your ass if you ever need to know the time, simply by glancing toward the dash! It’s all wired up and functions perfectly.

Original owners manual, Toyota tools, and jack are all included.

If anyone has any questions or would like more pictures, please feel free to PM me a request.

Executive Summary:

-Year: 1983
-Mud Price: $30k
-Mileage: 162k
-Rust Free
-Unmolested original truck
-Clean & clear Texas title
-Yes even the tires are great!

BONUS:

I’m so confident in the mechanical abilities of this cruiser, that I’m willing to offer two delivery options if a full price offer is agreed upon.

Option A.
I’ll buy you a one way air ticket from your closest major airport, to San Antonio and you can drive the Cruiser home. Continental 48 only.

Or

Option B.
You buy me a one way return ticket from your closest airport, to San Antonio, and I’ll drive it to you. Again, Continental 48 only.

I believe the best way to bring your land cruiser home, is to drive it yourself. This is the perfect cruiser for the task. If you want to ship it the traditional way. That’s fine too. Your expense though.

Thanks all. I really would prefer this to stay in the Mud family, so don’t miss your chance and feel free to share it with your friends that may be looking to join our fraternity.

More pictures can be found on my Instagram @rac81674

A few ih8mud.com members that have seen this cruiser personally and may be able vouch for its condition are:

@CenTXFJ60
@ceylonfj40nut
@cwwfj60
@FishTown
@FJ73Texas
@fl4031003
@beno
@POTATO LAUNCHER
@Cowboy45 (not sure you’ve seen it kid, but didn’t want to leave you out)

I know there’s more... Who am I forgetting?

Let’s keep this one in the family guys!

Exterior views

Interior views

A few more

Last edited:
Holy cow that thing is sweet. I know how much care & energy you've put into it. This is definitely one of those "cherry" 60s. Lucky new owner whoever that may be. I know from experience (virtual experience) that this cruiser can take long ass trips no problem.

I can vouch for this one. It is most definitely worth whatever he is asking. Nothing but top notch care and maintenance. Will be a great 60 for a serious buyer.

This is Cherry indeed! Been in its presence. Humbling. @CaptClose does it right. The lucky person will be all cruiser smiles all the way home. This is the real deal.

Wow. I’m going to miss seeing this rig. I’ve seen and driven this truck and can attest to everything that has been said. Ryan is a details man. The inside of this 60 looks like it should still be in the showroom.

Can’t wait to see what’s next, man!

This is a super clean truck. If I was looking for a turn key truck I’d look no further. Hate to see you do this Ryan but looking forward to seeing your next purchase

damn dude...that thing is beautiful - and 30K is an extremely fair price.

glws...it'll go fast...lets just hope it goes to a good loving home!

Wow that is one incredible looking 60 series cruiser you've got there! GLWS - I am sure this thing is going to move super quick with a price like that

Yes I have always admired this truck. One of my personal 'top 5' trucks on this forum. If I was in the market this is the one I would definitely be going after. A lot of the heavy lifting seems to have already been done maintenance wise. Very cool truck and somewhat surprised its even for sale. GL.

this is a very nice truck, very cool and presents here very well. good luck to the lucky buyer. Its posting is a week late, just drove back from Colorado with my new 60. had this been a week earlier, this would have definitely been the truck(i live in austin). good luck with the sale sir. someones going to be a happy new 60 owner!

Okay.... this is an opportunity to purchase (what I feel) is one of the best examples of an unmolested, low mileage, rust-free 60-Series Land Cruiser in the country.

I’m moving on to other Land Cruiser projects, and I need to raise some capital and clear some garage space for my next project. I’ll be listing this on BaT soon, but wanted to offer it here on Mud first. This way my fellow Mudders can avoid the transaction fees associated with BaT.

Anyone that knows me or has seen this Cruiser knows that it is near perfect. Both mechanically and cosmetically. This cruiser turns heads everywhere and is ready to drive across town, across the mountains, or across the country.

It has earned the moniker “Cream Puff” due to its pristine condition. It really wouldn’t take much to turn this into a concourse vehicle, but I always preferred keeping it original.

It’s been meticulously maintained by myself, and my local Land Cruiser friends. I never let a “mechanic” touch this truck. You can be sure that everything was done correctly (or I did it twice)!

In all cases, I used Toyota OEM parts when available. The list is really too long to detail here, but I will try and list some highlights:

-Knuckles done
-OME medium lift with 33” KO2’s
-Intake milled with new gasket
-Desmog (done correctly)
-Rebuilt OEM carb
-All new belts and hoses
-Complete cooling system done

Including:

-New CSF radiator
-Aisin water pump
-OEM Thermostat
-New OEM fan and fan clutch
-Recent compression test in spec
-Brand new OEM PS pump
-Rebuilt steering gearbox
-Rebuilt OEM alternator
-New Aisin clutch master & slave
-New Flowmaster 40 muffler
-2” Hitch receiver
-Full sized brand new KO2 spare tire
-And more....
-I have an entire file of receipts

Also, what I think is a very unique and valuable record for this cruiser... The original buyer started a mileage and maintenance journal when the truck was purchased new. Every owner thereafter (including myself) has maintained and kept this journal up to date. Literally everything that has been done to this cruiser, has been recorded into this log. I can even tell you what day the original trailer hitch was installed! It’s a very cool piece of history that I hope the next owner maintains.

There are a few more projects that I wanted to complete, but were lower priority and I became sidetracked with my 80-series build.

I’d be happy to quote a price to perform the work before delivery, but these projects do not impact the short or long-term drivability of the vehicle. They are:

1. Transfer case rebuild.

I have the kit in hand and will include at full offer price. T-case works perfectly but has a small leak at the front output shaft seal. I was just going to rebuild the entire thing.

2. Reverse light switch

Again, I have the switch in hand and will include at full offer price

3. Front PS fender replacement

A previous owner had repaired a minor fender bender, however, the paint is starting to chip and there is a small blemish. It’s been there since I’ve owned the truck and was always on my list to do. I have a replacement fender in hand that I will include at full offer price. It just needs to be painted to match and swapped out. I even have the paint ready and will include it for you or your body shop. Also, I will be happy to quote you to paint and replace the fender pre-delivery if you like.

I think that’s it. If I think of anything else, I’ll edit the post.

The interior really stands out on this cruiser. Everything has been refreshed and really looks brand new. Even the dash is a 9.5/10 with only minor cracking in the corners. Upholstery has all been redone with high quality replica fabric. It looks stunning. Carpet and headliner is new. Rear and passenger dome lights are new, as well as super bright, high quality Odd Iron LED light kits installed.

I’ve installed a Bluetooth capable Sony head unit in the dash. It works great and I’ve color matched the display lighting to match the other dash lights. It looks good. Sorry, I needed more than the original stereo had to offer, but you can source an original stereo if you want to take it completely back to stock.

I’ve also deleted the useless sandwich holder and replaced with the highly sought after OEM inclinometer. This feature alone will save your ass if you ever need to know the time, simply by glancing toward the dash! It’s all wired up and functions perfectly.

Original owners manual, Toyota tools, and jack are all included.

If anyone has any questions or would like more pictures, please feel free to PM me a request.

Executive Summary:

-Year: 1983
-Mud Price: $30k
-Mileage: 162k
-Rust Free
-Unmolested original truck
-Clean & clear Texas title
-Yes even the tires are great!

BONUS:

I’m so confident in the mechanical abilities of this cruiser, that I’m willing to offer two delivery options if a full price offer is agreed upon.

Option A.
I’ll buy you a one way air ticket from your closest major airport, to San Antonio and you can drive the Cruiser home. Continental 48 only.

Or

Option B.
You buy me a one way return ticket from your closest airport, to San Antonio, and I’ll drive it to you. Again, Continental 48 only.

I believe the best way to bring your land cruiser home, is to drive it yourself. This is the perfect cruiser for the task. If you want to ship it the traditional way. That’s fine too. Your expense though.

Thanks all. I really would prefer this to stay in the Mud family, so don’t miss your chance and feel free to share it with your friends that may be looking to join our fraternity.

More pictures can be found on my Instagram @rac81674

A few ih8mud.com members that have seen this cruiser personally and may be able vouch for its condition are:

@CenTXFJ60
@ceylonfj40nut
@cwwfj60
@FishTown
@FJ73Texas
@fl4031003
@beno
@POTATO LAUNCHER
@Cowboy45 (not sure you’ve seen it kid, but didn’t want to leave you out)

I know there’s more... Who am I forgetting?

Let’s keep this one in the family guys!

Exterior views
View attachment 1887938

Interior views
View attachment 1887937

A few more
View attachment 1887939
This rig is one of the most clean and one of the most well done builds on mud. @CaptClose is one of the most meticulous people I know and always takes extremely good care of his cruisers. All I can say is this build is absolutely beautiful.

@CaptClose One thing you forgot to mention is the maintenance log that has been kept up literally for the life of the vehicle.

Thanks Nick. It’s a long post, but it’s buried in there somewhere. Here’s a picture though. I think this is so cool.

CE76163C-5F6E-4143-ABB5-A3C67D2C15AB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom