Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got the front badges on last night...

drivers front badge.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

Your running lights should have been the Os in TOYOTA! :)

They look nice!

jack itself sticks up to a ridoinkulous height, i will be thinking of other options

Is that a 60" Hi-Lift? If so, sell it, and get a 48".

No bumper mods necessary.

Oh, and for the record, your truck is drool inducing. 👏

Getting radiator cleaned out and sealed, trans line outlets repaired. New intake manifold and stainless throttle cable assembly made. Upgrading fuel delivery and vent system so I quit burning out fuel pumps. New battery cables, soldering wires in the fuse box, welding supports back under body where PO cut them out for side pipes, fixing rust under windshield hinges and painting hinges. Blasting off surface rust underneath, putting on rust preventative and undercoating. Mounting my Metal Tech bumper with spare and jerry can holders. 2 new proportioning valves to get bias correct so my drum rears quit locking up and maybe all new brake lines. and a few other minor items....if I'm keeping it I need it safe to take out somewhere with you guys finally.

Ha. Was kidding. I don’t think I’m quite ready for it but I’m ready to talk mounting locations and then I can work on running to be radio cable back there

I think I want to grind the swing out and weld on a mountain tab ....
How about something like this?
15525292348777302542961516518633.jpg

Is that a 60" Hi-Lift? If so, sell it, and get a 48".

No bumper mods necessary.

Oh, and for the record, your truck is drool inducing. 👏
Dude! The 60" is required with a lifted 40... I would have been f'd without mine.

Dude! The 60" is required with a lifted 40... I would have been f'd without mine.

Um, isn't it an 80? :hmm:

However, maybe a 60" may be necessary for this rig.

Um, isn't it an 80? :hmm:

However, maybe a 60" may be necessary for this rig.
I’ve also just found the 60” jack much more useful on the trail.

So I thought this would be from a stuck slide but all the slides are smooth as silk. The pads are not frozen.

Any one have any suggestions?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the pic; are the pistons frozen?

It’s a rear only one piston. It’s just wearing the piston side pad. It’s not really bad may. I’m going to change everything and look in a couple thousand miles.

It’s a rear only one piston. It’s just wearing the piston side pad. It’s not really bad may. I’m going to change everything and look in a couple thousand miles.
How’d the other side look?

A lot of times single piston calipers will wear one side faster even with free slides. The piston acts on the one pad first and the force is all on it to push the caliper sideways to engage the far side. So the piston side pad engages ever so slightly before the far side pad.

The floating caliper pins are stuck, the caliper no longer floats and the Piston is pushing only on the inside pad. This is probably starting to get warmer than the rest. The caliper should be changed when you change the brakes, or if you can get the pins out and the boots are in good shape you can re grease them.

How’d the other side look?

The other side looks ok I didn’t tear it all the way down. But looking throw the caliper it looks good. I ordered breaks so I’ll see when they come in.

The floating caliper pins are stuck, the caliper no longer floats and the Piston is pushing only on the inside pad. This is probably starting to get warmer than the rest. The caliper should be changed when you change the brakes, or if you can get the pins out and the boots are in good shape you can re grease them.

The pins slide fine there is no binding at all, the boots are all intact no holes that I can see.

A lot of times single piston calipers will wear one side faster even with free slides. The piston acts on the one pad first and the force is all on it to push the caliper sideways to engage the far side. So the piston side pad engages ever so slightly before the far side pad.

I think this is what is happening. I’ll soon see. Could be a cheap pad. This is the first time I’m replacing the rears

I would like the rear floor pan!

Oh! Never mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom