Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got stranded at a traffic light in town with a clutch pedal pressed against the floorboard in the family Nissan pickup truck. I was able to slam the thing in reverse and back up in to the Wendy's parking lot. I popped the hood and found the clutch master empty. Luckily the Walmart was still open so I went over and picked up a bottle of DOT 3, filled up the reservoir, pumped the clutch a few times and was able to get it in gear and limp home. Turns out the slave cylinder was toast and leaking profusely. I picked up a new one at Car Quest and swapped it in. After unsuccessfully trying to bleed it with my 7 year old son for 15 minutes I gave up and went on Amazon and ordered myself a Motive bleeder. I figured I'll get some use out of it over time and $60 shipped seemed like a small price to pay for one man bleeding capabilities. Plus I'm guessing this is the original brake fluid from 14 years ago so I'll flush that out too while I'm at it.

Made a tongue box for the trailer. I've been working on this off and on for a while made some good progress this weekend.
IMG_1880.JPG

I finally got my DC Fabrication bumper installed over the weekend. Sat in the garage since March of 2016.
Plasti-dipped the roof (because when I repaint one day it can be peeled off) in preparation to install Prinsu roof rack.

Installed my Harbor Freight Winch. I redid the cables and routed the control box under the hood to keep it out of the elements. I also picked up a cheap cover from eBay to protect the winch when not in use. The TEQ patch makes everything fancy.

IMG_7740.JPG

IMG_7741.JPG

IMG_7826.JPG

I installed this on Friday and went to Rausch on Saturday with a jeep buddy. (I know, I know...trying to convert him to cruisers.) Ran blue and green trails for about 7.5hrs + 5hr RT drive. It was a great day.

No carnage other than loosing a wheel cap and occasional rising temps.

IMG_7779.JPG

IMG_7782.JPG

More Pics from the Weekend/Monday Activities.

Stinger View.JPG

Just a view from the Drivers seat. I like how the "stinger" portion just barely clears the hood line.

Rear Badge.jpg

Never was partial to the 4WD Badge

No 4WD.JPG

So I removed it.

Roof High.JPG

View of the roofs plasti-dip job. Sorry about the screen. Can't remove that.

Roof.JPG

Close-up.

Not much Cruiser work on my end as I've been totally neglecting the 80. BUT, it's all been for a good cause; we've been working on buying/selling houses and just had the second successful closure this morning. Which means that come April, the 80 will get to live in a garage!

Not to fear... same neighborhood - just a couple blocks north.

Not much Cruiser work on my end as I've been totally neglecting the 80. BUT, it's all been for a good cause; we've been working on buying/selling houses and just had the second successful closure this morning. Which means that come April, the 80 will get to live in a garage!

Not to fear... same neighborhood - just a couple blocks north.

Nice. Next tech day at Felix's.

Got the first parts back from the painter today. The tub, bib, windshield frame, etc. will be ready mid next week. Meanwhile, I've been stripping the 40 and hope to get the frame cleaned and painted before reassembling the body.

IMG_3700.JPG
IMG_3701.JPG

I'm using a painter Ryan recommended - Dallas Taylor in Midland. I'm very pleased with his work and promptness so far.

Looking good Bob!
I guess I have to get out there and get mine painted!!
Well at least mine doesn't have body panels falling off like your old tub did!!

Yup, I'm working my way through the condiment colors.

Upcoming work Sunday March 5th.

Ebay Snorkel install
Diff breather extensions

If anyone is interested in seeing me nervously drill a 4.5" hole into the side of my truck or want to do some work on your truck you are welcome to stop by. I will also be dropping all my BIOR skid plates to get to my diff breathers and doing an overall check in prep for another Rausch creek trip.

I am in Rockville/Gaithersburg, MD area send me a PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom