Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Poppy got to see a family member with a CA plate today.... She's happy she has a two year registration in WY. Andrea likes the plate #.. HA

IMG_20180306_120610719.jpg

it's over, now! next you'll be welding in sandles and drinking trente mochalattes by the six pack, shopping piece meal at whole foods, and weekend expeditions to the REI...

it's over, now! next you'll be welding in sandles and drinking trente mochalattes by the six pack, shopping piece meal at whole foods, and weekend expeditions to the REI...

MOST OF THOSE THINGS DON'T EXIST IN REDDING..... There are only a few StarFUX... but J and A don't drink that crap... one has already gone out of business. Dutch Bros is the go to here from what the local tell us and wee see in most hands around town.

Joe got CA plates today as well.

Yeah pretty much a turf war between Sbucks and Dutch Bros. If DB was closer to my office I would use them but I am situated between two SBs with DB a good 15 minutes away, so I must use them. Also like the fact that DB employees hs students and has grade requirements for them to keep their position, no pot smokin' hippy 40yr olds that have no aspiration in life other than making enough to pay rent and buy weed.

We don't even have a Dunkin Donuts remotely close. Ya city dwellers :)

Hey J, I am venturing into a new realm of 4X4. We picked up a Massy Ferguson 1540 compact tractor. I actually own a diesel! Iseki 40 HP. My life just got a lot easier, just dealing with round bales alone. You making anything for these yet? :)

29027850_1840386009325615_6364327979966791680_n.jpg

We don't even have a Dunkin Donuts remotely close. Ya city dwellers :)

Hey J, I am venturing into a new realm of 4X4. We picked up a Massy Ferguson 1540 compact tractor. I actually own a diesel! Iseki 40 HP. My life just got a lot easier, just dealing with round bales alone. You making anything for these yet? :)

29027850_1840386009325615_6364327979966791680_n.jpg

Stan,

No help there...BUT, you're gonna be telling me " I told you so"... in a few weeks... Gathering parts for a build.

LS3-430 CC, 40x13.5x17s, 6" lift, Nitro CrMo axles, birfs and 5:29 gears, FZJ80 frame and locked axle donor, chop cab w/full rear aluminum canopy and a 24-27" frame stretch. All the inner boxes will have aluminum drawers and locking slides. RedArc power management with Braille LiFePO4 batteries. Baja Designs LEDs for exterior and interior. I plan to open roll the front fender wells so its no the typical hack job with most 37" and up tires. and the rear of course won't be an issue with the canopy bed. May even run a GP100 Gigglepin 5 ratio winch, 8HP with 90-550 ft per minute line speeds and 3-14 ton pull rating. With lots of custom armor mods.

I was going to make a 100 canopy SA front rig, but the engine just doesn't have the balls. My last 100 ran strong, but add another 1500# to it and I think it will be a dog. It's been quite a few years since I played with GMs but have the help of a retired GM mechanic and his son for the swap and wiring.

Couldn't pass up the deal on the new crate motor, 4L65E trans, pedal and harnesses. I need to call AA to check availability for the 97 T/C to the 4L65E.

I even bought a new Miller 350P Aluminum and XR Aluma Pro gun for the build and hopes for more to come. @mryanangel ... IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BRINGING THIS IDEA BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Not sure which 60 I will make this monster out of.... My other two 60s are in pretty good shape to be chopping up. Poppy will NOT get the axe. I know where there is another 84 and since all the powertrain will be removed, it may be the one. Plus it's a CA rig with no rust. JUST UGLY GREEN... HA! Coming through SLC there is a 1990 FJ62 with a popped engine, but more than likely will have rust issues and I'm not sure I want a square light rig...

I'm in pack rat mode right now.

J

Dutch Bros FTW!

those kids are creepily ?happy?

I wonder what kind of drugs they put in their chocolate mocha mix....

J,

Damn, as if you were not busy enough already :) Sounds like an involved build, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I am jealous of the new shop space. If all goes well we hope to build on to the shop in 2019. Working on Heather's barn now.

Keep putting out products that solve problems, we in the 60/62 community have come to count on you along with many others.

LS3-430 CC, 40x13.5x17s, 6" lift, Nitro CrMo axles, birfs and 5:29 gears, FZJ80 frame and locked axle donor, chop cab w/full rear aluminum canopy and a 24-27" frame stretch. All the inner boxes will have aluminum drawers and locking slides. RedArc power management with Braille LiFePO4 batteries. Baja Designs LEDs for exterior and interior. I plan to open roll the front fender wells so its no the typical hack job with most 37" and up tires. and the rear of course won't be an issue with the canopy bed. May even run a GP100 Gigglepin 5 ratio winch, 8HP with 90-550 ft per minute line speeds and 3-14 ton pull rating. With lots of custom armor mods.

I'm in on this....:popcorn:

J,

Damn, as if you were not busy enough already :) Sounds like an involved build, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I am jealous of the new shop space. If all goes well we hope to build on to the shop in 2019. Working on Heather's barn now.

Keep putting out products that solve problems, we in the 60/62 community have come to count on you along with many others.

The new space is nice, but I can see needing a bit more. Never can have enough. Having 2-200s in there for a couple of weeks drove me crazy. I think 2500sq ft per vehicle is ideal for what I do. BIG SQUARE space works the best too.

I dabble in most all models now, but my love is still for the 60. I can guarantee this will never change.

Once I get further along I'll start a new build thread.

Poppy needs a little more attention and then off to the painters she will go.

J

NOTICE:

All Trail Tailor bumper designs have been sold to another company effective 6/1/2018. I signed all the papers this past week. I can and will accept bumper orders until 5/30/2018. The lead times are several weeks out due to other orders. I have no idea what the company's plans are for the designs, if any. Papers are signed and this is a done deal.

If you want a bumper let me know and we can discuss options and timelines.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom