Please show me your 35 tires... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

35" krawlers
20170831_182211-1612x1209.jpg
20170828_200302-1612x1209.jpg

Hi,

I am interested to buy 35 tires.

Is it more comfort to ride than 33 tires?

If you use 35 tires, please show me the pictures.

Thank you.

Prior to restoration. May stay with 35s because they are very comfortable on road and capable off-road! If I go with 33s I'll drop the lift by 2". Should still allow for good articulation of the axles. Let me know what you think! I can share a link to a video driving around if that helps you decide.

IMG_6522.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

IMG_6567.JPG

No build thread. Took a 66 FJ45 that was incomplete in boxes and mixed in parts from a 40, a 55, and a 60.
Used this forum as a guide for each part.
My work is not finely finished.
If there’s something in particular you wanted to see I could post it if not redundant to better posts.

66 FJ66 cab and frame sandblasted,
Triple epoxy primed
monstaliner to floor/firewall both sides
New windshield
New corner windows
New rear slider

78 FJ40
Wiring harness, refitted/deleted smog
Windshield frame with wipers on bottom
New Racer wiper motor
Rebuilt Transmission/Transfer&ebrake

78 firewall grafted in on drivers side for Racer brake booster

81 FJ60
2F engine/new OEMpower steering-pump 50amp alternator -
complete rebuild/head- shaved .030. Valve grind
de-smog w JimC idler
Intake under carb built up alum weld
Modern double circuit power brakes
New clutch system

New aluminum radiator / hoses
Weep hole in head tapped & plugged
Exhaust stainless flex joints/resonator

78 small cap electronic dizzy
Oil pressure warning light

Steering
Column-

fj55 inner w u joint,78 fj40outer tube
Intermediate shaft to box from inside fj60 column (is collapsible)
Fj60 power steering box & Pittman

Steering column inset towards cluster 1”

FJ60 axles complete rebuild w ARB Air lockers 4:10 ratio
Kept rear ebrake, handbrake behind seat

Alcan 4” lift 55 Springs, 1” added to shackle ends, 500 lb extra load custom

New greasable pins/longer shackles
New custom driveshafts

Original seat raised 2”

Tranny shifter altered to clear safe

Odyssey battery

Roll bar to frame/Gr 8 1/2” bolts

Trailer hitch 7way/4way plugs

LED taillights

Racer LED headlights

Monstaliner inner roof

New 3way Humvee seatbelts

Racer Fuji carb

Mitsubishi dropside mini truckbed
Subframe made to tie-into frame and roll bar
4Plus side boards

6 degree pinion angle shims
Schwab measured 3.4 degree positive caster
Can you show some pix of the bed, did you widen it???

Taken a while ago work great on rear drum with no rubbing however I needed a 1/2” spacer to get it off the tie rod end. Backspacing was too offset. Yes truck has surface rust in rotors from sitting 8 years in
6FD3FCAC-9225-407E-828F-E67FD3A233AA.jpeg
8C2C9467-E082-4A78-AF85-B88FB2FE64DC.jpeg
5284CB56-D145-488C-9799-8FCA47F8CAD4.jpeg
C92680B8-B0EF-459A-A077-F6F382FDD4BC.jpeg

FDE6054A-711F-4BA9-AE5F-09EB305D543E.jpeg

B65FB88B-6A61-4A04-8F1A-2B3EA3AEF346.png
2D2DE967-6001-46D1-836E-D02274EB4F8D.jpeg
Can you show some pix of the bed, did you widen it???
Bed came off miniature Mitsubishi truck.
Aussies have figured out, with their traybacks, what makes best bed. Each side folds down or is instantly removable. Makes loading feed bags,etc much easier. Whitey had done one, so I kept my eye out for one. The 66 Fj45 I did didn’t have a bed so it was an easy choice.

View attachment 1750709 View attachment 1750710
Bed came off miniature Mitsubishi truck.
Aussies have figured out, with their traybacks, what makes best bed. Each side folds down or is instantly removable. Makes loading feed bags,etc much easier. Whitey had done one, so I kept my eye out for one. The 66 Fj45 I did didn’t have a bed so it was an easy choice.

Thanks, great pix, love the concept

I looked up the dimensions and they came back at 49" wide, wonder if I could get 2 and make one about 60" wide.... that would be perfect

Thanks, great pix, love the concept

I looked up the dimensions and they came back at 49" wide, wonder if I could get 2 and make one about 60" wide.... that would be perfect

Search Utebed. In aluminum.

When fitting 35 x12.5 tires, is the typical 3.5" backspaced wheel (to clear the rod ends) enough or are spacers needed to keep the larger tires out of the leaf springs and such?

When fitting 35 x12.5 tires, is the typical 3.5" backspaced wheel (to clear the rod ends) enough or are spacers needed to keep the larger tires out of the leaf springs and such?
35s don't typically interfere with leaf springs but will hit the tie rod along the frame if you still have the old manual steering setup. I think leaf spring interference occurs once you get into the 38" tire territory. I would probably do 3.25" backspacing just to make sure it clears the tie rods ends.

Btw to the OP.. if you go bigger you are most likely going to need to cut and roll your rear fender lip...some of the images here will attest to that as well. Maybe something you knew already but if not. Well give loosechange a fist bump yeah? J/k

Btw to the OP.. if you go bigger you are most likely going to need to cut and roll your rear fender lip...some of the images here will attest to that as well. Maybe something you knew already but if not. Well give loosechange a fist bump yeah? J/k
OP hasn't been here since 2011.

Good I’m soooo late to the party. :-/

Well, hopefully the information will be good for a future reader

I just realize something, OP hasn’t been here since 2011 and my FJ40 has been down since 2010. But it’s kewl soon sooooon it will be up (hopefully) it’s hard to Work on it when it’s about 115° outside and under extreme heat warning.

Prior to restoration. May stay with 35s because they are very comfortable on road and capable off-road! Let me know what you think!
Stay with 35s! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom