Events/Trails Pig Party 2019 (1 Viewer)

What Type of Pig Party?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While doing that might be worthwhile to ask what condition trails will be in mid-June. Maintained roads to campgrounds are one thing...remote trails in the high country quite another...

Yes sir, when I say "Soapstone", I am asking about the entire area. There is a cool looking network of trails around the campground.

Might also ask Kurt about last year's Relic Run route (Delle Rocks Legacy Tour) in northern Ut/southern ID. Lower elevations, access to necessities, etc. might make that a reasonable alternative if necessary.

Excellent idea! I will ask him...

Last years RR route (and many other event routes in the West Desert) are fantastic but as we've discussed they pretty much mandate a new campsite each night. Check out the Spiral Jetty, Lucin Sun Tunnels, Grouse Creek, Transcontinental Rail Road, Devils Playground, City of Rocks, etc.

Thanks, Kurt. Just worried about folks coming from all across the country expecting to run high country trails and being stuck in the campground because snow has not yet melted enough for access.
FYI, putting my last order from you to good use...Pig is about back together for some test runs before the Party.
Jim

Last years RR route (and many other event routes in the West Desert) are fantastic but as we've discussed they pretty much mandate a new campsite each night. Check out the Spiral Jetty, Lucin Sun Tunnels, Grouse Creek, Transcontinental Rail Road, Devils Playground, City of Rocks, etc.
Looks like if we're able to make PP2019 we'll only be able to bring one of the pigs and running this route is appealing to me, if a few guys wanted to peel off and camp at new campsite each night count me in.

Alota gr8t chatter happening. looking forward to see how it all pans out. I don't know any of that country so the only help I can be is to just show up.

Thanks to all who are making this chatter happen

Alota gr8t chatter happening. looking forward to see how it all pans out. I don't know any of that country so the only help I can be is to just show up.

Thanks to all who are making this chatter happen

This ^.

I'll be showing up at the LCHMuseum on Tues. Look for the guy with fj55, jean shorts and flip flops. The plan is to go with the flow, which is how I usually roll.

:)

I am happy with whatever. Even if our trails runs are just doing donuts in a Walmart parking lot all week.

Not sure that I'll be able to make the Wednesday meetup - I'm hoping to get up there Thursday sometime. May need to get someone's phone # to work out where I can find you all.

Hey man, I will shoot you my digits...

Thanks, Kurt. Just worried about folks coming from all across the country expecting to run high country trails and being stuck in the campground because snow has not yet melted enough for access.

I hope anyone coming from all across the country is reading this thread and realizing there is a lot of snow in Utah right now...

Looks like if we're able to make PP2019 we'll only be able to bring one of the pigs and running this route is appealing to me, if a few guys wanted to peel off and camp at new campsite each night count me in.

That could be the ticket. The RR would be fun. Maybe there is a camp spot at a convenient turn-around spot for those not running extra fuel and water...

This ^.

I'll be showing up at the LCHMuseum on Tues. Look for the guy with fj55, jean shorts and flip flops. The plan is to go with the flow, which is how I usually roll.

:)

Will you towing a small house this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom