Builds Picked up a Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have a match!

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.16.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.17.06 PM.png

This thread is pure eye candy @Manhattan. Good choice on the creme wheels. The hub caps should give it all the contrast it needs.

Thanks @yotadude520. I agree - about 70% of the wheel is behind the hubcap. I'm thinking (hoping) the match will give the truck that pseudo-factory look - like maybe the wheels were stock. I mean, anyone who knows these trucks will know, but still ;)

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.55.57 PM.png

Well, stop dragging your feet and get the ATs mounted and bolt ‘em on so we can pass judgment! :grinpimp:

Well, stop dragging your feet and get the ATs mounted and bolt ‘em on so we can pass judgment! :grinpimp:
This is the best I can do 'til the powder arrives - we only had enough for the test - one wheel's worth

My PhotoShop skills are yellow belt level:
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 8.00.11 PM.png

That’s pretty decent photoshop skill. I guess it’ll be in January before you get that stuff mounted up now...

I guess it’ll be in January before you get that stuff mounted up now...
Yeah, it will. The powder came in yesterday, but we shifted our attention to (re)building the flatbed... sorry - trayback.

Some time spent planning, measuring, mocking up... then a lot (!) of cutting. We'll get back on it after the holidays.
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 4.11.50 PM.png

It is after the holidays...

It is after the holidays...
Are you running the same spy software that Facebook uses? Seriously.... that was just crazy - the wheels were powder coated today. The truck dropped off the jack about 15 min. ago.

I could not be happier with how the wheel-hubcap-tire combo turned out!

IMG_1227.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you running the same spy software that Facebook uses? Seriously.... that was just crazy - the wheels were powder coated today. The truck dropped off the jack about 15 min. ago.

I could not be happier with how the wheel-hubcap-tire combo turned out!

View attachment 2175241

Man I am loving those wheels!!

That truck is almost too sexy to drive. Nice work.

Thanks. They’re FJ40 wheels - 15x5.5 - and tires are 33/10.50/15

Last edited:
Badass!

I'm with Jakeypoo! Get the bed and slap on some decals!

The bed's a bust. I'm the proud owner of a bondo-filled, rusty bed. I thought I did a better job inspecting it. The tailgate's good. That's about it. So, the original plan remains: Build a cool, custom flatbed and keep looking for a solid factory bed.

On that note, we decided to abandon the flatbed it came with. It was well-made and in good shape. But, the more we got in to modifying... and had more ideas... we decided to start from scratch. I'll share pics... once there's something to take pics of.

I do see the truck having a factory bed in the not-so-distant future. But, I'm not in a hurry. I think building/using a flatbed will be fun for a while. It'll scratch the itch.

Love your truck. Really digging the cruiser wheels!

Those wheels look so good.

I just got a line on the same wheels for my IFS '90 minitruck. Is the offset identical to the stock wheels? Sounds like you didn't have any fitment issues but that may be different with my steering and calipers.

Not to hi-jack...mostly I'm just drooling over how that wheel looks on your truck. Very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom