Pet/Cargo Barrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Seems like things are coming to me in clusters of interest.

@sschruff and I have a lot of the same ideas and were talking about a pet/cargo barrier for our 60s.

We see quite a bit of interest in these and want to get some feedback on these.

They would require some install mods from the end-user, one being installing a couple of nut-serts in the upper inner roof line between the C and D pillar. As things have progressed on my end of the spectrum I have began to supply specialty tools for installing my products. Proper length drill bits. allen wrenches, anti seize, OE threaded hardware, etc... So, a riv-nut tool/installer with proper drill bit and hardware would be no different to supply with this product.

If I can get the numbers and labor right.... I will more than likely build and sell these through Shane and his new venture. (Still a lot to work out)

Who would be interested in this type of product.

Jason

J, I don't own a 60 but this sounds like a great idea. An integrated shelf for rifles, rods, etc would be sweet.

J, I want to make it where the screen/mesh above the seat back line can be used for attaching misc items and the lower section can be void for through passage items with the seat down or have independent raising/lowering panels for the end user to use as they deem necessary.

Just some ideas..

J

I've been staring at my cargo area in my yukon for 2 years trying to figure out what I want. Basically something to keep spit off the windows and smudges off of the headliner.

That would be a kennel for the dogs and kids alike installed in the back... ;)

J

Would like to see prototype. .

Definitely interested in a pet barrier. Could the upper mount use the factory shoulder belt mounting point instead of having to drill new holes?

Definitely interested in a pet barrier. Could the upper mount use the factory shoulder belt mounting point instead of having to drill new holes?

Not sure yet. I'll try to design around any and all OE holes, but drilling will be inevitable.

J

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing a prototype.
Thanks for all the great work!

Not sure yet. I'll try to design around any and all OE holes, but drilling will be inevitable.

J

I've built a about a dozen of these. I do use the "hidden" shoulder belt position in the pillar. Some years have a threaded captive, others have just the hole.
I haven't looked into which years are which. It's like the aux. battery location. Some years the holes in the forward radiator support have threaded captives, other years the holes are there but no threads.
I used the supports off the fender wells for a lower support

Would be interested in seeing what you come up with J... this would probably be on the short list of items that I am to purchase from you as the wife would be more "apt" to approve the expenditure as the one we have SUCKS!

I made my own barrier and window bars for our hounds, as the 60 is their favorite vehicle. All aluminum construction with nutserts in the stock side panel holes. I stopped mine just below the top of the seat back so I can still load or sleep in the back.

The barriers are aluminum and use nutserts to attach in the rear.

Here's a link to mine - Aussie Rear Windows and Pet Cage..

Post #6

That makes me sad. . .and I thought that was more of what Jeep owners stated =)

Appreciate the thought/effort, J. . .on standby if you ever want to revisit.

Shane

That makes me sad. . .and I thought that was more of what Jeep owners stated =)

Appreciate the thought/effort, J. . .on standby if you ever want to revisit.

Shane

Shane,

I'd be at 400.00 bare metal plus shipping.

If it was a Jeep product it would be $99.99 and mass produced in China out of melted down ashtrays.....

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom