Pertronix ignitor & coil, non US distributor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody, I was searching about this over the forum but since I have a non US distributor (and cruiser), I decided to give it a try and ask. Sorry but no part numbers stamped on the distributor, the rotor or the cap, I suspect cap and rotor are not OEM and will look to replace them as well.

I am looking at the moment to replace the point with a Pertronix kit, (as well as the coil), nothing wrong with what I have now but I am looking for more reliability.

Here some pictures of the distributor hoping to get a confirmation on p/n and where to buy it in the US. Dont know if the electronic distrinutor available on eBay and other places is a valid option or should I keep the stock one with the kit upgrade.

Thanks

1630422040207.jpg

1630422040211.jpg

1630422040216.jpg

1630422040223.jpg

That looks like a 19100-61080 distributor. The similar US market distributor has a different breaker plate and points. The mounting holes on breaker plate for the points on the US market distributor are different due to the points differences. I have one of the early US distributors with Pertronix on the shelf in my garage, a spare breaker plate for it, and a breaker plate like yours. I'll check the fit later this afternoon. The breaker plates can be swapped out in a couple of minutes.

That looks like a 19100-61080 distributor. The similar US market distributor has a different breaker plate and points. The mounting holes on breaker plate for the points on the US market distributor are different due to the points differences. I have one of the early US distributors with Pertronix on the shelf in my garage, a spare breaker plate for it, and a breaker plate like yours. I'll check the fit later this afternoon. The breaker plates can be swapped out in a couple of minutes.

i wasn’t aware that the points were different! I just had a Non-US 43 come through a few weeks ago and I threw regular US-market OEM points it in not realizing there was a difference and it ran just fine, do you know what the exact differences are?

The Pertronix for the US market distributors is their Part Number 1665A, here is a link:

The center-to-center mounting holes are different by 0.5mm (closer together on the breaker plate like yours).

It fits the US type of breaker plate for use on early F engine distributors. I have several like-new breaker plates that you could swap out, and a used Pertronix 1665A. PM me if you're interested. I can post photos if you'd like.

i wasn’t aware that the points were different! I just had a Non-US 43 come through a few weeks ago and I threw regular US-market OEM points it in not realizing there was a difference and it ran just fine, do you know what the exact differences are?
The non-US small cap distributor uses the same points as the 1/75 through 9/77 US market 2F points. The earlier type F engine points for the US market fit the 3/69 (?) and earlier distributors with the different breaker plate.

Thanks to @4Cruisers I will get the Pertronix igniter for my Cruiser, now I am looking for the coil to match the ignitor, there are many different coils from Pertronix, 0.3, 1.5, 3.0), as well as different output voltages, any suggestion about what to buy to replace the stock one using the Pertronix ignitor?

Thanks!

Thanks to @4Cruisers I will get the Pertronix igniter for my Cruiser, now I am looking for the coil to match the ignitor, there are many different coils from Pertronix, 0.3, 1.5, 3.0), as well as different output voltages, any suggestion about what to buy to replace the stock one using the Pertronix ignitor?

Thanks!

what coil did Pertronix recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom