Passed my Technicain class HAM license test this morning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:bounce:

Was a lot easier than I thought. Took the test at DeVry. Bunch of really nice people are administering the tests, and they are genuinely happy to have more HAMs out there... If you can consistently pass the sample tests on qrz.com with at least 85% you're in. 35 multiple-choice questions and they are EXACTLY the same as the sample test questions. $15 and your ID and get an FRN from the FCC (see THIS POST for that info).

So who's up next?

I guess I need to learn how to spell "technician" though... :rolleyes:

:bounce:

Was a lot easier than I thought. Took the test at DeVry. Bunch of really nice people are administering the tests, and they are genuinely happy to have more HAMs out there... If you can consistently pass the sample tests on qrz.com with at least 85% you're in. 35 multiple-choice questions and they are EXACTLY the same as the sample test questions. $15 and your ID and get an FRN from the FCC (see THIS POST for that info).

So who's up next?

:cheers:

Welcome to the dark side :grinpimp:

Super stoked for you Marc! Congratulation:clap:

Are you staying with the issued call sign or going vanity?

I dunno. I think K71FJ would be pretty good. We'll have to see.

congratulations :cheers:

Way to go. Just the idea of taking a test seems to be the most intimidating part. Let us know when your call sign appears at the FCC site.
W1KDD for your information

Copper State, should have a thread with everyone's call sign . It may help if are in need of assistance . It's also a good reference for getting call signs for who is attending trail runs .

Congratulations. :cheers:

Congrats!

If you can consistently pass the sample tests on qrz.com with at least 85% you're in. 35 multiple-choice questions and they are EXACTLY the same as the sample test questions. $15 and your ID and get an FRN from the FCC (see THIS POST for that info).

So who's up next?

:cheers: Ill use your info to start getting ready. Thanks

Congratulations on your new license:cheers:

FYI, I went to the link you provided, registered and took a practice exam. I got 19 correct, I guess I will be studying for a while longer:rolleyes:

Congrats!

Posted via IH8MUD app

There seems to be tons of help guides on the exam. Im up to a solid 60%:hillbilly: on the QRZ practice test. I figure with my ability to learn new stuff or lack of Im going to make it happen in 2014 sometime.:rolleyes:

Do you need to show a pictured ID when you take the test:hmm::idea:

Wasn't there some discussion about holding an exam for CSC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom