Owners post here. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was fortunate enough to inherit this one that mud member, @battle , restored about 10 years ago; see

another pig project

My 4th cruiser (1st pig). Always wanted one and im thrilled to own it.
IMG_9957.JPG

Having a little fun with the double nickles :)

IMG_9940.JPG

Look forward to spending more time down here in the pig forum and learning a few things from you guys....

Cheers!

image.jpeg
I have had a 1978 since 2012, as a project. It will be a cummins conversion. Already have the drivetrain , but retired in 2013 and moved to Missouri. Took us 2 years to get here, then spent last year building a shop. Picked up a running and driving stock 1973 a year ago. Both rigs are from central Colorado, where we used to live. The '78 has been off the road since 1992. It's on the rotisserie since 2012. Looking forward to finally working on it this year. The '73 belonged to a prospector for 3 years before I got it. He towed it up the mountain, then drove it to his claim. It was advertised as needing a head gasket. Got it home drained the oil which smelled like old gas. Took a chance and just changed the oil and started driving it locally. No signs of coolant in the oil so far. Picked up parts to do an fj60 addition of disc brakes, in addition to a disc conversion for the rear. Also adding power steering. The tires on the '73 were H78x 15 which have been off the market since the 80's. Wish I could find more history on it. Rust issues were addressed by some PO. Doesn't lok to bad from 20 feet, but up close can see the rivets holding repair panels. Looking forward to getting both more roadworthy. Green and white is the '78. Other pics are of the '73.

image.jpeg
Not sure why other pics didn't post. Will try again

It's what I took in trade for my old Dodge town wagon. A trail rig that I tried making more of a DD. Then I found the '73 pig, so looking to move it along. Also have a 1969 40. My sons have a'69 40 and an 82 fj60. Main reason I got rid of the power wagon was to enjoy landcruisers with my sons.

Was supposed to get hail the other night, so got the important vehicles inside.

View attachment 1417242 I have had a 1978 since 2012, as a project. It will be a cummins conversion. Already have the drivetrain , but retired in 2013 and moved to Missouri. Took us 2 years to get here, then spent last year building a shop. Picked up a running and driving stock 1973 a year ago. Both rigs are from central Colorado, where we used to live. The '78 has been off the road since 1992. It's on the rotisserie since 2012. Looking forward to finally working on it this year. The '73 belonged to a prospector for 3 years before I got it. He towed it up the mountain, then drove it to his claim. It was advertised as needing a head gasket. Got it home drained the oil which smelled like old gas. Took a chance and just changed the oil and started driving it locally. No signs of coolant in the oil so far. Picked up parts to do an fj60 addition of disc brakes, in addition to a disc conversion for the rear. Also adding power steering. The tires on the '73 were H78x 15 which have been off the market since the 80's. Wish I could find more history on it. Rust issues were addressed by some PO. Doesn't lok to bad from 20 feet, but up close can see the rivets holding repair panels. Looking forward to getting both more roadworthy. Green and white is the '78. Other pics are of the '73.

Wow, can't wait to hear more!

Where did you live in Colorado?

It's what I took in trade for my old Dodge town wagon. A trail rig that I tried making more of a DD. Then I found the '73 pig, so looking to move it along. Also have a 1969 40. My sons have a'69 40 and an 82 fj60. Main reason I got rid of the power wagon was to enjoy landcruisers with my sons.

I doubt you will regret the projects with your sons...

Can't wait to see more pics - start a thread or two...

We lived in Nathrop by the Arkansa River. Beautiful place, but family is in Missouri so now we're here. Will start a build thread soon.

image.jpeg
Her's a pic of our rigs last Father's Day. Sitting on the first strip of my new garage floor. Elsie, Coyote, and Bumpy Truck( named by my 5 year old grand daughter when she was 3 ).

Last edited:
Man. The 55 series has got to be the most brutalized non-OEM painted of all Cruisers. I just looked through this thread. Some awesome. Some scary. Some sad.

I've had 3 running pigs and quite a few parts pigs over the years.

My first. Added tires bumper and sliders and sold. No clue where it is now.

IMG_6088.JPG

Second was an 8000 mile truck that came off a ranch. "Wilbur"'is being lovingly cared for in Canada now

IMG_6087.JPG

The latest is ongoing. Project Parts O Pig

Combining a couple to make one.
IMG_6089.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom