Owners post here. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. I agree. The interior is in pretty good shape, relatively speaking. It could use a new headliner and the dash knobs could all be re-done. Although I like it in its aged condition. If it's too clean then you hate to use it or get it dirty and I like driving it too much. My favorite part of the interior is the shift knob. If it could talk, I bet it'd have some wonderful stories.

As for the back story, I remember hearing that it was originally from Eastern Oregon but made its way to AZ somehow. I think the Seller's son bought it as a project and between the two of them, they got most of the transformation completed. The seller was knee deep into a nice fj40 project so the sale of this rig may have gone towards funding the completion. Hope to see that fj40 out on the roads soon.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks. I agree. The interior is in pretty good shape, relatively speaking. It could use a new headliner and the dash knobs could all be re-done. Although I like it in its aged condition. If it's too clean then you hate to use it or get it dirty and I like driving it too much. My favorite part of the interior is the shift knob. If it could talk, I bet it'd have some wonderful stories.

As for the back story, I remember hearing that it was originally from Eastern Oregon but made its way to AZ somehow. I think the Seller's son bought it as a project and between the two of them, they got most of the transformation completed. The seller was knee deep into a nice fj40 project so the sale of this rig may have gone towards funding the completion. Hope to see that fj40 out on the roads soon.

Good stuff. I too have an fj40 and recently bought an fj55. After some research, I'm positive that even if I spent the amount of money you paid for yours, it still wouldn't be as nice as yours. Well bought, enjoy it! I'd love to see many more pictures. Your color scheme is my favorite and I have a good size file of saved photos for reference. The saved photos definitely come in handy for reference and for ideas! Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

Got chance to go play this weekend.
Love this rig!

Screenshot_2016-01-06-20-35-18.png

Reeeaally nice 55 Hank.
Most of that Copperstate Overland video was filmed in my backyard.
You live in a beautiful part of our state. Hope I get to run into on the trails soon. Cheers, Hank

Well I've been on here for a bit now but never introduced myself. So here is one of my Pigs. It's a 76 I picked up out of Michigan. It is in pretty good shape. Has a little bit of the usual rust. I got it because my first pig is a work in progress and I have a while to go before she'll be on the road
Here is the first Piggie. 70 that I got out of TX years ago for a steal on eBay. The body is amazing. I've since swapped a 3B into it with H55F behind it I need to get a few more photos up of it.

And then there is this 73 I picked up a few months ago. I got to go through everything but the shell with the frame will be going up on the classifieds when I get home from work.
And then there is this one. Just bought it in CA for parts. The seller actually worked an awesome deal for me and found someone who needs the frame so the guy is stripping all the parts I want and I'll send them across the country in the next eastbound container my company will ship.

I'm in completion with @bobm

Competition that is. Stupid autocorrect.

She will be the pride of the fleet. 3B diesel powered with a 5 speed , power steering and a/c. I sprung it over but will probably only run 33's on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom