Over the Mountain Tour 05 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3Pits just let us know if you can make it, we'd be glad to have you.

Chuck I do believe the generator would push the welder, my welder runs off of 110v house outlet and we use this generator for our motor home. My uncle and i were using it to build decks at his house this summer before he had power and we were running table says, drills, and so on with out a problem. Might be a good idea to bring the old welder, could come in handy for some minor repairs..........

Generators

I do have a rather large yet portable Honda generator that
runs my household in emergencies, storms, ice, snow etc.
Someone else would have to tote it for us. It's available.
As far a camping, I was thinking Spivey Cove is sweet and
has a great site for basecamp with water access for showers.
Barring SP, I'd vote for along the river like Capt'n Jim does.
State Line camping is nice too. McNabb might be available too.It will all depend on what is ALREADY taken when we get there.
I say those not in the convoy just check out the usual haunts
till ya find us. Tellico ain't no big city.

Yep we will be there some where, we will have the big white Upstate Cruiser Banner flying high...

Also we will have our honda generator up there for sure david, so you don't have to worry about trying to fit that in Gundy;) he might not like that

If like you said the site isn't already taken, I would love to camp at the river crossing on trail 5, it would be the perfect setting to mount an evening run up 5 friday, for those who can't wait till sat. morning to break something ;), just have to make sure someone is brave enough to follow me into the dark..........

Have any of you Tellico/GSMTR Vetrains run upper 2, not lower 2 where ever one gathers to watch the carnage but futher up the mountain is upper 2 and I have been told is a little more challening than 4,5,6 but nothing 33's and atleast a rear locker can't handle............ Just wondering if you David or Alex, I think I already asked Alan, have run upper 2?

Upper two

I've ridden upper two. I know that spot. Check out Bill charging
up the ledge. (yellow cruiser)
I rode with Jim when we came EVER so close to an endo there
where he DID endo last year. We had to winch when I rode along.
That's with 38 or 39s and f&r lockers plus many goodies.
Winching is much the norm. Carnage is going to happen.
I have several tapes from through the years there and it's
a bi*ch mainly in that one spot with the ledge.
hehe...it's your truck. I say go for it! I just want you to have an
idea of what is there waiting for you.
Like I said, I'll spot. ;)

I believe you, I have only seen lower two where the buggies play....... I thought that was what you were talking about. I didn't realize upper 2 was also that bad, that is why I asked, I have to drive mine home just like you so I might steer clear of that one........ Do you have any recomindations for a trail a set above 4, 5, 6? because as you know those trails seems relatively easy, I think I want to try something with a little more challenge, but only if I can convience one of you guys to go with me...... Thanks for the info david

Capt.

1_multipart_xF8FF_3_Picture115.jpg

I am done with classes next Weds. marshall so I should all day thrus. off if you need some help just let me know.

Is the capt. running 39's with just lift springs??? doesn't look sprung over in the picture there......

Gundy said:
Jim's is SUA.....it's been tricked to the high heavens by
the Capt'n and Brother Barry ( THE cruiser guru IMHO).
Spring flips, body lift, ya name he's done it....'cept SOA.
Granny says :"That's why they make chocolate and vanillia!"

I plan on bringing it up with me for the annual meet. It wall have smaller shoes on her, though. Trashed one of my rims on lower 2 in May so the 39.5" boggers will be off in lieu of the 38" swampers. :frown:

My only problem will be hiding my trailer and tow vehicle and convincing you guys that I drove my 40 all the way from FLA so I can get the coveted IRON BUTT award. :grinpimp:

Cool set-up capt. I just always assumed yours was SOA, I am amazed that you made those huge swampers fit, how does it flex in that set-up? I plan on going up to 37's or 38's I am SUA also I have about 5 inch of lift, although I might go SOA in the rear, for better flexing........ I hope if you bring that beast up to the annual meet I get to see it in action.

Hey so where do you guys want to meet on friday at 2pm, does the gas station at the intersection of 178 and highway 11 work for everyone, or is there some where more better suited????

downtown?

Downtown Wahalla is on the way. You CU guys will be doing some serious backtracking from 178 &11.
How about the big gas station in downtown Wahalla? On main street.
Hehe....Cruisers are sooooo easy to spot. :)
I'll go where ever so don't mind me. Pick a place and I'm there.
I do have court at 10:30 that morning but should be able to make the hookup.
If not....i know the way. ;)

Upper 2 aint that hard. The spot in the pic above is the only realy hard part and I walked it without even the slip of a tire. David did blow a Longfield there in his 62 though.
upper2dd113_2.JPG
IMG_0361_1_1_1_1.JPG
IMG_0326_1_1_1_1.JPG

Sweet pics Micheal, yeah I thought I remebered ole Dearborn saying it was do able with 35's and a rear locker, just might get some body damage....... I have a feeling I won't have any one that wants to drag my broke ass out of there tho......... It does look fun!

David Downtown Wahalla works for me, it will def. save us CU guys time. If everyone one else is cool with that I say we meet there.......

Damn it!

Traveling that whole week from MS>AL>TN>KY then home. If I could make it work I would just try & catch a ride with you all & camp out but I have no car plants to visit in Eastern TN!

fj60guy said:
Damn it!

Traveling that whole week from MS>AL>TN>KY then home. If I could make it work I would just try & catch a ride with you all & camp out but I have no car plants to visit in Eastern TN!

Maybe next time! If not, there is always GSMTR.
Next time you are near our neck of the woods holler and we'll
hook you up with some local flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom