Over the Mountain Tour 05 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Best of both worlds!!! SWB vs LWB. There have been times camping, wheeling, etc. that I wouldn't have traded the wagon for my 40 at home for the world!! Of course, it's been the other way around other times... ;)

cruiser4life said:
Best of both worlds!!! SWB vs LWB. There have been times camping, wheeling, etc. that I wouldn't have traded the wagon for my 40 at home for the world!! Of course, it's been the other way around other times... ;)

ur right, really you need both. right matt?

im still lacking a SWB, but i got the old 2H/H55F waiting on it so i guess im almost but not really half way there....... :rolleyes:

Cruiser options

I hear you! I love our fzj80. I love our fj60. I love our fj40.
Each has it's own special niche it fills for the crew.
The dog prefers the 60. The wife prefers the 80. I'm addicted to the 40.
I need fj45 swb. Oh to dream.

Gundy: 72fj40, bench seat, 3 speed , "F"ing forever
Big: 83fj60, light armored personnel carrier
Coach: 96fzj80, bone stock and proud of it

I'm taking the 40 to Tellico....;)

I'm crossing my fingers also! Half of lift is on last night hope to knock rear off this afternoon. Hopefully my boss will ok trip!

As for Andy, alot of us use to live in the Charlotte area and now are spread out around SC/GA, not to mention plenty of members in FL and other areas of NC. So come on down and join us!

I got our office date moved so I'm in. And with a little luck I'll have the cut and turn done this weekend.

If not then I'll be Camera boy and ride shotgun with Alex.

ClemsonCruiser said:
john you are going to wheel your Lexus??? that'd be awesome to see a Lexus on the trail....... Hope you can make it.

I am no longer a low rider...now I know why my wife complained about me removing the steps. I drop a couple of inches on the way out now where I use to swing my legs out and stand up. Just have to have 305's mounted which are sitting in garage.

Awesome John.......... I just have to figure out why my just rebuilt carb. runs rich no matter how many times I try to tune it, I am fouling out plugs left and right!!!!!!!! Oh well I got the 62 as back up incase the 40 doesn't get better in time....

ClemsonCruiser said:
Awesome John.......... I just have to figure out why my just rebuilt carb. runs rich no matter how many times I try to tune it, I am fouling out plugs left and right!!!!!!!! Oh well I got the 62 as back up incase the 40 doesn't get better in time....

Did ya check for vacume leaks?

nope it isn't the turbo, I tried tuning it with the turbo not hooked up it runs rich either way, no vaccum leaks steady reading of 18, I believe it is an internal carb. problem something is clogged or not opening. The carb. was just rebuilt, that is what baffles me. I have used all the procedures in tech. and searched for any tipsI could find in past posts, none have helped. So that is what leads me to believe it is internal, because any adjustment of the idle and mixture screws has no effect in the riching or leaning out of the fuel mixture. I am going to call mark at marks offroad (he rebuilt it) and see what he says, I hope I can get the thing straightened out before Tellico..........

So where is the best place to meet??? We have a little more than a week now before go time. I figured maybe meet up at the gas Station where Hwy 11 meets 178. that seems more of a middle ground for every one rather than coming to Clemson. I think if we could meet there about 2pm and roll out very shortly there after we should be able to reach camp with a few hours of light left. Also we need to figure out how many are going so Marshall can buy food.

Here is my tenative list:
JP and His dad
Marshall
Alex
David
Alan
Matt and his cousin
Chuck
John (informationjunky)

So that is ten people, if I left anyone out just post up.

Also on a side note my dad is going to bring up his honda generator so we will have power hook-ups if you need it, free of charge.........my dad says it isn't camping unless you have power and hot showers (he's getting old). I am getting pumped guys........ I am so ready for some wheelin and sitting around the camp fire BSing, just say a prayer for my 40, hopefully I can fix my Demon carb. in time........

If you guys are still open to non-Upstate Cruiser folks coming along, I'm probably still headed that way.

Have a few details to work out on my end but it's on my calendar.

Andy

It would be great to have a new cruiser in the group. If you want we have marshall, Trollhole on the board here, he is our nationally ranked cook.......... he is going to provide breakfast lunch and dinner for us and he can do the same for you if you like, we are all just going to pay him back when we get there, and he will do all the shopping before hand for us.

Also if you can met up with us for the convoy let me know and I will get you directions....... hey just shoot me a PM with your number and stuff and I can just give you a call to get all the details worked out. But by all means come and join us.........

JP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom