ONSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

golf-tee-clipart-5.jpg

Anyone know an Albert Bowles in Polk County NC? He is an LC guy, may well be on MUD

I'm jealous. Nice Pictures.

With the talk in the news about Chinese automaker Great Wall saying they are interested in acquiring Jeep I was curious what the jeep people were saying about it in jeep forums...
Chinese automakers have a consistently good track record making reliable cars ( i.e. Toyota )...
o_O

Has anyone ever been cruising Craigslist and found a car for sale that they used to own? It just happened to me yesterday. It's the exact car right down to the VIN. I texted the owner and wished him good luck with the sale. I did 95% of the mods to the car. The dyno sheets and all paperwork were passed down from me to the guy I sold it to and then to the owner that now has the car for sale. There is some serious sellers remorse going on with me and this car. I wish I could get it back but it's not in the cards. Oh well... I know this group has plenty of Mustang haters but if anybody is on the hunt for a clean '03 Terminator Cobra this is a good one to own. The car is an absolute beast. I can vouch for it being a solid example. Good, clean terminators are holding and /or increasing in value in the collector market. I sold the car in 2/13 with 51,7xx miles for $18,500. It's only been driven 4,500 miles since then. @erymer, @Green Hell Mustang

2003 SVT Cobra Terminator Convertible

Couple pics from when I owned the car:

S6301157.JPG
S6301174.JPG
iphone pics 2162012.jpg

Last edited:
Love that license plate :D :steer:

For the lazy, here is the dyno sheet from the ad. Car must be a flipping blast to drive.

00a0a_16OtEsuSjtN_600x450.jpg

Love that license plate :D :steer:

For the lazy, here is the dyno sheet from the ad. Car must be a flipping blast to drive.

00a0a_16OtEsuSjtN_600x450.jpg

Most folks took the vanity tag at face value and didn't understand the reference to the Eaton M112 Supercharger. The mods to the car to get it from factory 390hp to 473hp at the wheel were miniscule. I added a 2.76 pulley, an idler and had a tune done. That's it. The Terminators came with real (not sintered) forged pistons and Manley H-beam rods from the factory. The engines are ripe for big boost. There are plenty of '03 - '04 Cobras out there in the 700+ hp range with nothing more than a bigger supercharger and some fuel system mods. Mine was small time peanuts in comparison. It was a handful though. There was no hook-up in 1st gear even with 315 drag radials. 2nd gear pulls to 60mph were fun as were 40mph roll races. It was (is) a stupid fast car.

Last edited:
Most folks took the vanity tag at face value and didn't understand the reference to the Eaton M112 Supercharger. The mods to the car to get it from factory 390hp to 473hp at the wheel were miniscule. I added a 2.76 pulley, an idler and had a tune done. That's it. The Terminators came with real (not sintered) forged pistons and Manley H-beam rods from the factory. The engines are ripe for big boost. There are plenty of '03 - '04 Cobras out there in the 700+ hp range with nothing more than a bigger supercharger and some fuel system mods. Mine was small time peanuts in comparison. It was a handful though. There was no hook-up in 1st gear even with 315 drag radials. 2nd gear pulls to 60mph were fun as were 40mph roll races. It was (is) a stupid fast car.

Was about to post up that most likely a tune and smaller pulley was all you needed.
My fried has one with similar mods. He also had a 93 cobra and a new Shelby. Fun cars..... They did shatter the IRS very easily though.

I got it right away, but I did not know those cars came with a factory supercharger. Bad ass.

Tell me again why we can not get something like the Hilux here. I understand that Toyota is all knowing yada yada yada, but we all know they will sell every single one of these they build.

5a33b68625ee7d0e686b4e338100a7c6

Millen Concept

70367e74b5a4f369b529ef4aa9791971--jeep-off-road-toyota-landcruiser.jpg

I posted some time ago that Ben Barnes was building a little something special .... here it is.

468 cubic inch small block. Every piece of this motor is one-off custom grind .... Billet heads. Custom ground crank, and cam. Billet oil pan, billet valve covers, custom made intake running mechanical fuel injection and 2 throttle bodies at 17:1 compression. It goes on the dyno this week and I'll post up the numbers. Ben anticipates top HP will occur at about 8500. Motor will stay naturally aspirated (That's good at 17:1 :hillbilly:).

Initial dyno pulls will happen on race gas and later re-calibrated to run on alcohol. Alcohol will cost a little HP but that's what the owner wants.

Build time = 200+ hours. Ben hasn't added up the total $ yet.

ben motor.jpg

Last edited:
I posted some time ago that Ben Barnes was building a little something special .... here it is.

468 cubic inch small block. Every piece of this motor is one-off custom grind .... Billet heads, pistons, and rods. Custom ground crank, and cam. Billet oil pan, billet valve covers, custom made intake running mechanical fuel injection and 2 throttle bodies at 17:1 compression. It goes on the dyno this week and I'll post up the numbers. Ben anticipates top HP will occur at about 8500. Motor will stay naturally aspirated (That's good at 17:1 :hillbilly:).

Initial dyno pulls will happen on race gas and later re-calibrated to run on alcohol. Alcohol will cost a little HP but that's what the owner wants.

Build time = 200+ hours. Ben hasn't added up the total $ yet.

View attachment 1524112

latest

Those are HOSES feeding the intake runners. Holy crap. Dry sump oiling. What kind of ignition system is that?

I'd love to read more about the mechanical injection system.

Last edited:
latest

Those are HOSES feeding the intake runners. Holy crap. Dry sump oiling. What kind of ignition system is that?

I'd love to read more about the mechanical injection system.

Its a belt driven front mount distributor

Last edited:
Correct, belt driven Jesel type ignition. Chevy guys run them so they can shove the motor closer to the firewall, however, there is also a performance reason for running one ... valve spring loads have gotten insane to the point it will twist the cam. A rear distributor will then have timing flux due to the twisting (the same thing happens to the valves .... valves in the rear of the motor are behind the timing of the front valves).

so, how many miles should one expect to get out of that motor, especially 1/4 mile at a time?

Correct, belt driven Jesel type ignition. Chevy guys run them so they can shove the motor closer to the firewall, however, there is also a performance reason for running one ... valve spring loads have gotten insane to the point it will twist the cam. A rear distributor will then have timing flux due to the twisting (the same thing happens to the valves .... valves in the rear of the motor are behind the timing of the front valves).

I feel like it's obvious to move to an overhead cam design if that's the design limit. Holy crap that's got to be a lot of spring tension.

I feel like it's obvious to move to an overhead cam design if that's the design limit. Holy crap that's got to be a lot of spring tension.

Electronic crank trigger is the way to avoid any issues on a pushrod engine. I'm not sure if this motor was done this way due to rules or customer preference.

But you're right. The first time Ben made mention to me of cam twist my mouth dropped open. (which I think happens a lot when I talk with him) :jawdrop:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom