OME Leaf Springs on 1985 4R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Measurement in the front with the same bumper and winch (pretty much) is right under 27" from the center of the wheel.
Really? I thought my springs were too tall at 25 1/4"... are we measuring from/to different points?
(ARB, no winch)

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.25.52 AM.png

Really? I thought my springs were too tall at 25 1/4"... are we measuring from/to different points?
(ARB, no winch)

View attachment 2352266

Nope! Same exact spot as you. BUT @pappy I do have a 1" body lift, so maybe take that into account? I should be right around 26 then.

I do have a 1" body lift, so maybe take that into account? I should be right around 26 then.
That helps, but I was hoping to knock off 2". I had a chat with the folks at Cruiser Outfitters. I told them what I had, and what I wanted to do. They recommended the heavies.

SoKA, so about 300 mi south of where they are now and roughly due west of the west end of I-40. I *might* be able to get them a ride to PHX, but the stars would have to align post haste for that to happen.

I forget, there is either one or two shorter leaves that can be removed to reduce the spring rate.

BTW, there's a lot of things at our house that get immediately forgiven due to lack of cafenation.

Yea, let me know. I tried selling them but kept getting low balled so I held on to them. I’d rather give them to someone deserving that sell them to some punk kid. I’ll put my hands on them tomorrow morning. Hate to offer something up and not be able to find it

Yea, let me know. I tried selling them but kept getting low balled so I held on to them. I’d rather give them to someone deserving that sell them to some punk kid. I’ll put my hands on them tomorrow morning. Hate to offer something up and not be able to find it
I just realized you probably have A & B springs. I have a spacer on the driver's side perch so I need either 2xA, or 2xB. I will give Cruiser Outfitters a call in the morning and get a pair coming my way.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Last edited:
Jon, have you tried removing at least the bottom leaf of your all pro springs?

Jon, have you tried removing at least the bottom leaf of your all pro springs?
I haven't. I'm not sure one leaf would drop the truck 2".

The shortest leaves are the stiffest. Other than the time to do the job it can't hurt to try it.

Another option is to run YJ Wrangler SOA leaf springs. They Have a reverse eye, which drops the height by 1.5".

Mine were built by Deaver, which are arched to get the right height for 35's. From the centerline of the axle to the bottom of the fender is 26." If I had a thinner spring pack (like a Rubicon Express Pack), I think it would be between 24.5 and 25" tall.

Also note: my truck has a 1" Marlin Drop hanger and 5.5" long shackles on a IFS Frame. If this were a solid axle frame, the these springs would be 2-3" lower on that truck.

PLEASE don't do this! Springs sack out fast, C/S sucks. Had to add leafs to their "V8 springs" for my Gm 4.3L V6. Warranty void if not greased, use lift shackles or w/out up-travel limit blocks. Learned the hard way.
I know who they are. NWOR also means something else.

Patch had some parts from them on it when I got it. They didn't stay on the truck too long. Front springs I think was one of them. The OME's were markedly better.

Its a shame Downey folded and not them. I really liked Downey stuff.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as i hit the post button...

Slobber over this, fellas ...

downey.jpg

NWOR = No Warranty Or Returns. I'm actually surprised they are still around.

LOL. I had no idea. Never bought anything from them, actually. At their website it does appear that they may be going out of business soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom