Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have your Mrs. park a Tundra before you buy one.
1000%
The minute I no longer needed my 2nd Gen, I downsized to my baby Taco.
Tundra is a miserable experience in parking lots.

Truer words. Mine won't drive it anywhere that requires parking, but is great at leaving apology notes when we shoehorn it into parking garage spots in Alexandria...

1000%
The minute I no longer needed my 2nd Gen, I downsized to my baby Taco.
Tundra is a miserable experience in parking lots.

Other than width I find the Tundra unexpectedly easy to maneuver having owned both. Backing into spots is a given. Turning radius on the '20 Tundra feels very close to the 19 Tacoma it replaced. It is a barge, but easier sense your limits than most.

It's definitely the width. Especially with manual tow mirrors. And the poor visibility close in at the rear. Mine was an '08, so no cameras.

Last edited:

The truck is really just for garden supplies, as we do about 50 loads of mulch a season from the transfer station. And trips to the dump and home depot. We still need to replace a few sheds in the back.

Tried the arguement to just use a trailer...but thats a no go. Plus, shes a city girl that grew up parking worktrucks in the city, parking isnt an issue.

Looking at a 2015 taco now...

Well...just bought the taco.

Last edited:
I’ve never had an issue with parking my Tundra. I did drive a F250 for several years.
My wife likes driving the Tundra. I don’t like her driving it though.

The truck is really just for garden supplies, as we do about 50 loads of mulch a season from the transfer station. And trips to the dump and home depot. We still need to replace a few sheds in the back.

Tried the arguement to just use a trailer...but thats a no go. Plus, shes a city girl that grew up parking worktrucks in the city, parking isnt an issue.

Looking at a 2015 taco now...

Well...just bought the taco.

As a heel-toe Tacoma owner from 2008-2022.... 2015 Tacoma is peak tacoma for a livable, non trail truck.

Had a 2008 and 2019. Preferred the 2008 engine and interior quality. Preferred the 2019 styling, look, and features. 2008 manual trans (RA60 IIRC) had serious release bearing and slave cylinder problems that weren't fixed until way late in that generation. 2019 had a car motor that felt weak all the time but a slightly stiffer frame.

I had to replace the release bearing on my 2008 twice in 64k miles. It did eat the aluminum pilot shaft, which is molded into the bell housing, so I had to get an oversized release bearing and press-on steel sleeve to fit over the pilot shaft. Turns out a weak preload spring in the slave assembly was the culprit. I think toyota fixed this in the mid teens, but worth checking out. There should be a constant slight preload on the release bearing to press it against the diaphragm spring fingers on these and keep them spinning, otherwise the shock loading and slipping kills them fast. I had no noticeable clutch wear on either. Probably could have run the clutch to 300k miles.

WTT - my 1990 Hzj73 for late model Tundra

Maintenance thread:

Original ad still up from Nov 21

Message me if interested. We can chat

Looking for a donor truck with a 3.4 V6 engine. I have a 93 4Runner here that I pulled a bad 3.0 engine from and after having no luck finding a suitable 3.0 replacement I've decided to look into a 3.4 swap. I'd like to get a complete donor vehicle with a good running engine. Anybody have anything or know of a suitable vehicle? Best to email me if you have something that will fit the bill; shmukter@pa.metrocast.net Thanks!!!!!

I have a pair of used OEM FJ40 fenders coated in epoxy for sale. They appear to be from an earlier model and are super stout. Only damage is on one of the fender bolt holes on each fender. It looks like whoever took them off forgot about that extra bolt and tweaked them when removing. Could easily be bent back into shape. I purchased these from Cruiser Corps, but decided just to patch my existing fender. Figured someone around here can use them more than me. $600 for both, no shipping. In the DC metro area and plan on being at the swap meet this weekend if someone wants to see them in person. Thanks!

IMG_6773.jpeg
IMG_6602.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg

2WD

Love knows no boundaries - just buy the truck, Gary!
That’s what friends are for - encouraging friends to buy more vehicles.

BK you might play a part in this, the truck is in your general area.................
Let me know if you need a set of eyes on this truck (especially the frame and the bed).

BK I sent a message through FB Marketplace to the guy but have had no response. If it is still listed yes I would love to have you look at it for me. If the frame and all is good I'm in for the purchase!!!! Thank you so much old friend!!!!

BK I sent a message through FB Marketplace to the guy but have had no response. If it is still listed yes I would love to have you look at it for me. If the frame and all is good I'm in for the purchase!!!! Thank you so much old friend!!!!
Looks like it sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom