Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I might buy this. I'm making up my mind tonight and I need to let the guy know in the morning. I would fly out in a couple weeks and get it. He answered all my questions, was very confident in his work and emphasized it needed absolutely nothing right now. We chatted for a while and I got a good feeling. I know this is a completely different direction than I was going earlier on, but a 22RE man.... brings back memories of my 85 which was a 22R and all I wanted was an RE! Ha. It would not have the camper shell because we had to negotiate the price based on my budget. I would drive this but park it in the garage (sorry honey). WHAT SAY YOU!?
He is a Toyota Mechanic and "upgraded" to Warn hubs?
Looks like base model with split bench
Does not appear to be SR5 which means no tach, less gauges, may not have a/c as others mentioned. Not many interior shots and plain paint with out a pin stripe.
What is under the steering wheel cover?
Chrome front bumper, door handles and tailgate handle should have a chrome rear bumper. Ask about that and the brackets that hold it on.
Need a pic of dash, dash pad. cracks?
Look at clutch, brake pedals, see how he drove it?

Looks clean overall...

Last edited:
I know the aisin are superior despite cone washers... maybe because of cone washers. I could always change them back. I was reading it as “replaced” I guess. Maybe something he had laying around as he seems to build out rigs for folks. It’s a good price for the rig but that also caught my attention.

Looks like base model with split bench
Does not appear to be SR5 which means no tach, less gauges, may not have a/c as others mentioned. Not many interior shots and plain paint with out a pin stripe.
What is under the steering wheel cover?
Chrome front bumper, door handles and tailgate handle should have a chrome rear bumper. Ask about that and the brackets that hold it on.
Need a pic of dash, dash pad. cracks?
Look at clutch, brake pedals, see how he drove it?

Looks clean overall...

getting answers. I texted him and had already requested more pictures. It does look real clean and like a good dependable rust free classic.

per our deal he was going to weld me up a simple rear bumper with a hitch receiver for my little utility trailer.

Last edited:
If it came with the Aisin auto locking hubs you might consider the Warns an upgrade. I'd still change the Warns out for Aisin manual hubs.

If it came with the Aisin auto locking hubs you might consider the Warns an upgrade. I'd still change the Warns out for Aisin manual hubs.
Great point. He said he is out with his daughter but will answer all questions and provide pictures in a few. He has been very up front from the jump. Provides a copy of title and his ID for piece of mind after deposit and will hold it until I can get there. Lots of pros.... but thanks for all the input guys!

No AC

Didn’t come with the bumper but he will fabricate, he said chrome rear bumper was an option

minor cracking in dash covered by pad

steering wheel fine

he just prefers warn hubs but has originals and said they work fine and will include

sending me interior pics.

Is that rust starting and dents under the door in pic #9 ?

I looked hard. I don’t think it is. He swears up and down there is zero rust. Maybe dirt. He is prepared to move on if I’m not interested as he claims to have several messages wanting it this morning. So I don’t think he’s sweating it. He says it rides like new. But again, he’s selling it so what’s he gonna say. Seems like a good price. I’ll ask again on the rust from picture.

Zero rust he says. Dirt from his road. He says no dents but a tiny ding or 2 here and there. Still waiting on pics. I’ll wait to post any more info until I have everything to keep from flooding the thread.

Reactions: MDK
E25234E4-AD6C-4074-9AEE-BA896B9FB633.jpeg
4313F1F3-6F92-4B7D-9E0A-CD4565A6CF77.jpeg

93FC4209-3990-4FA7-BDB5-8B6112DD8FC0.jpeg

doesn’t look terrible except for the rip. I’d have to do something about the speakers. I dunno.

That seat would have me seriously questioning the claimed 69K miles.

Might not be a totally fair comparison, but here's what my 95.5 interior looks like with double the miles.

20201205_195838.jpg

Last edited:
I passed. I do believe it, but there were too many things for me personally to max my budget out. He was very kind. I’m sure it sells right away. It’s perfect for someone but I was asking myself too many questions. Just felt wrong. I will start a separate thread for my search.

Located in Arlington.

I just put sliders on my80 so I have factory set of running boards for free. They are in good shape and not banged up. PM if interested.
@Cass007

I'm sure someone could mudship these to PA

A 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, averaging 38 mpg, has been serving me well for the last 1.5 years... saved me about $1645/yr, based on a 260 day year driving 50mi/day at $2.5/gal at 38mpg vs.13mpg DDing the 2007 Tundra 5.8... YMMV

A 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, averaging 38 mpg, has been serving me well for the last 1.5 years... saved me about $1645/yr, based on a 260 day year driving 50mi/day at $2.5/gal at 38mpg vs.13mpg DDing the 2007 Tundra 5.8... YMMV
Please tell me its that its a 2 door obnoxious bright lime green and you bought a flat brim monster energy hat and white brokley's to wear with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom