Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea. I guess “rust free” is in the eye of the beholder. There is one in Winchester I like but the frame was coated with por15. No idea about that. It looks real nice though. It was professionals done and the frame was repaired previously but it’s still a gamble to me. I may make a move on it but I’m real nervous.

There are really clean ones out there. Don't buy rust.

This is my 95's frame. Still has the factory stickers. Shop in states where vehicles don't rust.
20210409_145530.jpg

My 03 Taco Stepside came out of AZ. 6k miles and probably won't ever see regular use from here on out.

A friend paid 12k for a nice 2004 Tacoma extra cab 3 years ago or so. I forget the miles but it was in good condition. It had the frame recall done and was rust free otherwise. Was stock except for the cap.

Right after he put on the wheels and tires I helped him spec. He lives in Mass so I pestered him relentlessly to get it undercoated lol.
EBC09FB3-9817-4525-B32C-3CD8FE5D4FED.jpeg

Give Mark a call down in Port Republic. He only deals with older Toyota trucks. Buys them from rust free areas. Nothing will be cheap, but the trucks are clean.

Personally, I'm not touching anything that's had a frame repair. Or mystery goop applied.

I got my 80 from Upstate NY and the FJ from Long Island, but I’m willing to fly out wherever for a clean awesome truck. Like I said, early taco or 2nd/3rd gen runner. The 2nd gen runners in good shape are going to be too high though.

I got my 80 from Upstate NY and the FJ from Long Island, but I’m willing to fly out wherever for a clean awesome truck. Like I said, early taco or 2nd/3rd gen runner. The 2nd gen runners in good shape are going to be too high though.
I know you said you didn't like the look of the 4th gen. But if you find a clean 4th gen with v8.. that'd be a nice car to have

I know you said you didn't like the look of the 4th gen. But if you find a clean 4th gen with v8.. that'd be a nice car to have
I agree... The 4Gen V8 T4Rs are nimble, and fun to drive...
They getting harder to find, and getting priced over a GX470... :rolleyes:
A local example... is going for $18k, Limited w/130K miles.

Give Mark a call down in Port Republic. He only deals with older Toyota trucks. Buys them from rust free areas. Nothing will be cheap, but the trucks are clean.

Personally, I'm not touching anything that's had a frame repair. Or mystery goop applied.
Stupid expensive there. I always wondered why, now I know. There is always a selection at that place.

I might buy this. I'm making up my mind tonight and I need to let the guy know in the morning. I would fly out in a couple weeks and get it. He answered all my questions, was very confident in his work and emphasized it needed absolutely nothing right now. We chatted for a while and I got a good feeling. I know this is a completely different direction than I was going earlier on, but a 22RE man.... brings back memories of my 85 which was a 22R and all I wanted was an RE! Ha. It would not have the camper shell because we had to negotiate the price based on my budget. I would drive this but park it in the garage (sorry honey). WHAT SAY YOU!?

Two initial questions:

Is the Title in the seller's name?
Does it have A/C?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom