Official 37" and up picture thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crap driving, but good shot of the tire "in the wild":)

1646174396534.png

That looks oddly familiar....

Like most have stated.
Option 1 bang her into submission.
Option 2 arm mount relocation.
Option 3 longer arms.

I am running Slee's 6" arms on my 4" and everything works perfectly.

I believe Delta now has "L" aka long arms now just for this purpose.

I looked for the "L" arms yesterday and I could not find them. I saw their arms for 93/94 LC with the mounts for ABS lines but not the "L" arms.

If you are not as handy as @Box Rocket , @eimkeith makes some RAM Radius Arm Mounts as well that lower radius arms forward and push the axle forward.

EimKeith RAM

Last edited:
The Eimkeith RAM will correct caster, move the axle forward and get your front suspension closer to factory geometry on a lifted 80 better then anything out there. JMHO

If your not rock crawling you rig this is probably the best way to correct caster and get the axle moved forward for 37s and very cost effective !!

Welding is required and you do lose some ground clearance.

I'm not sure why these are not more popular, there perfect for the casual off road / over lander and mall crawlers.

39" Mud hogs, Walker 17x8.5 " bead locks on Dobinson C97-146VT 21/2" lift springs and lots of mods to make them work.

I looked for the "L" arms yesterday and I could not find them. I saw their arms for 93/94 LC with the mounts for ABS lines but not the "L" arms.

If you are not as handy as @Box Rocket , @eimkeith makes some RAM Radius Arm Mounts as well that lower radius arms forward and push the axle forward.

EimKeith RAM
Scott, it’s in the drop down menu for the 3 and 5s.

The Eimkeith RAM will correct caster, move the axle forward and get your front suspension closer to factory geometry on a lifted 80 better then anything out there. JMHO

If your not rock crawling you rig this is probably the best way to correct caster and get the axle moved forward for 37s and very cost effective !!

Welding is required and you do lose some ground clearance.

I'm not sure why these are not more popular, there perfect for the casual off road / over lander and mall crawlers.

39" Mud hogs, Walker 17x8.5 " bead locks on Dobinson C97-146VT 21/2" lift springs and lots of mods to make them work.

Slick driving. Zero facial expression reaction to the tipping - I would've s*** my pants.

I conferred with my trusted body shop contacts and we took some pics just in case it helps others in similar shoes as I which is pretty niche for the prototypical ih8 37s crowd.

Modest lift. 37x12.5 AT tires. Delta 4 regular arms. Caster at positive 4. 17x9 -38 offset. Errand runner with side trips into the woods no rock crawling.

Thankfully for those who may want to mod the body, there is no cutting you have to do if you need a centimeter or two to clear as I do.

Gl! ✌🏼

26D26ED4-8338-43CE-B973-075B2380050B.jpeg

373FC868-87EA-42D6-94F4-E7DD08F0D653.jpeg

16F626A8-86D8-46F4-AEA9-FC37653F7877.jpeg

I didnt read any of the post but if you loosen that bottom bolt, you can tap the fender back about .25" if its just barly rubbing.
So there you go... just saved you a bunch of money...

Screenshot_20220302-175209.jpg

37x12.5 MTRs on Lexus GX470 wheels (17X7.5) with 1 inch spacers. Old school lift - OME 2850J front with 1.5 inch metaltech spacers, OME2863J rear. No rubbing at full stuff with the whiteline swaybar in the rear with LCP swaybar connects, LCP disconnects in the front and no rubbing, better articulation and smoother ride. Land tank 4deg castor plats (I think, installed by PO) and I added the Landtank DC front drive line that calmed the vibes. Before the swaybar in the rear, minor rubbing on the inside, swaybar improved the control through rough ground a bunch, - before the PO had no swaybar. Have to air down the rear tires to 9psi to fit in in a 7 ft garage :mad:
Saludos compadres!:beer:

HQOAE6976.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

I have got to quit reading this thread......

Same here. Only thing stopping me from going to 37’s in both my 80’s is they won’t fit in my garage anymore.😔
are you sure? I fit in my garage with a 6" lift and 37's. I did have to remove the stock rack though. it fit's with like an 1" to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom