Nut & Bolt Frame-Off 1978 FJ40 Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

damn...that....sux...

at least you didnt retrace your own workings to find that the 3 gallons of water in your fuel tank that gummed up the carb you just bought came from the stupid vent holes you drilled into your gas cap to try and get a little "extra" venting going on........

and the $360 you paid to have the old tank relined at watkins radiator was peeling and also sending crap into the filter....

i just nutted up and bought a new improved poly gas tank $600.....should be running after the sending unit gets here.....ugh....

Little electronic things

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

Power!

Still not ready to fire up the engine, but this was a major step toward wards driving it. I'll hopefully get this thing on the road sometime this week.

View attachment 1501961
The turn signals are wired backwards. The white light is the constant on light while the headlights are on. The yellow lights are the turn signals. Just swap the wires.

Duh. Yes, I knew that. Didn't notice it in the picture. Ha. Thanks for that, @Bodean !

Reactions: dnp
Great!

Refinishing instrument cluster. Still lots of work to be done.

IMG_0513.JPG

Found out my flasher relay was bad. I ordered a new one from the Toyota dealership. This is the updated part number. I mounted it right above the fuse panel in the driver's side foot well.

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

She lives. Yes, my gas cap is open. Some smoke under acceleration; will try to diagnose. But for now, I'll bask in my ability to finally drive it.

Awesome. And as an amusing aside, after the video this was what popped up..

Screenshot_2017-07-28-17-57-40-1.png

Man, so great that it's finally running and driving. I know it's been a long process, but hopefully it'll all start to pay off soon. She's a real beauty, I'm really happy for you @MScruiser!

Thanks man.

Awesome... you cant sell it now. Its "dads car".

youll be a story in the future of "can you believe what my dad restored and sold"

the builds great looking. Cant wait to see finished and how it does for you

Glad you caught that; her 2 year old language can be a bit hard to decipher sometimes.

congrats on hitting this milestone, Awesome!

Nicely done! Looks great!

Finally getting around to installing these:

img_0617-jpg.1508340

img_0620-jpg.1508342

While I am pretty sure that I, or someone, has said it already, but the attention to detail on this build is on another level. Talk about as good or better than the day it rolled off the line in Japan, this is about a close as you can get.

Awesome work Sir!!

Finally broke down and ordered a new radiator ornament

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom