Builds New project, 1969 fj40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove it into the backyard to its new winter storage spot. Started back in on removing the re paint from the cowl. Just have ~2/3 of the hood left to do.

IMG_8726.jpeg

IMG_8730.jpeg

IMG_8731.jpeg

IMG_8732.jpeg

New windshield is on, wipers are reconnected, visor is in (I need a passenger side one if anyone has one), mirror is on. Had to drill and tap the cowl vent cover screws, it’s finally screwed down now.
Ordered rear seat covers and bit the bullet on a windshield hinge mirror arm/bracket.
I need to install the seatbelts and hopefully drill out/re tap the holes for the spare tire latch, then I can reinstall it too. I need to scrounge up a spare wheel at some point.

IMG_0185.jpeg

Good job. On all my 40's the hook goes on the other way, meaning, your hook is on upside down. The flat portion also provides a rest for the carrier arm. Hope this helps
Thank you. It’s been off for so long I figured I’d put it on wrong. I mainly installed it to make sure all the holes still worked, I need to get new hardware for it and the carrier.

Struggling with these Cruiser Corps seat covers. Not sure what I’m missing, but the flaps look way too long? I’ve got the foam ‘insert’ and a foam pad on top of that, basically the stuff I took out of the old seats that is still in good shape.
Am I supposed to cut the covers around the feet and strap latch? That doesn’t seem right.

IMG_0259.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg

IMG_0261.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg

I would avoid cutting the covers. Take a look at adding additional or new padding.

BTW Coming along nicely 🍻

*Edit: Unless you have access to a good sewing machine.

Last edited:
Do you have your old covers to measure? I used the Cruiser Corps seat covers on my jump seats, but they were the short seats. I used their foam for the bottom and the original for the backs. Check the differences between the lengths of the old vs new covers. I noticed that the Cruiser Corps covers were not sewn as well (design wise) as the originals. I managed to make them work and I am happy with them thus far.

20220601_114629.jpg

20220601_125716.jpg

20220601_130724.jpg

20220601_134337.jpg

20220601_134403.jpg

I may have my old covers. The foam is in good shape, I can’t see adding some. It’s just the flaps that seem way too long. The fitted parts seem ok.
I guess I’ll try their customer service.

I may have my old covers. The foam is in good shape, I can’t see adding some. It’s just the flaps that seem way too long. The fitted parts seem ok.
I guess I’ll try their customer service.
My 69 had the "horse hair" inners, not foam. I'm thinking you need a little more thickness.

My 69 had the "horse hair" inners, not foam. I'm thinking you need a little more thickness.
I don’t know what year my seats are from. Some had the horse hair, these had foam. There’s two parts, one that fits in the seat, and one on top. The old covers fit fine, I pulled them off to clean up the frames and freshen them up.
I just don’t understand how it’s so hard to make a product that should just work without completely changing the thing it was designed to ‘fit’.
I could understand if it were a little loose, but these are way different that what would ever work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom