New F & 2F carbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marshall,
A year later and I'm finally ready to order. I recently bought a '78 with your carb and I love it. I'm ready for one for my '82 40. Regarding the fuel return, do you drill, tap and insert a return line pipe? Otherwise, what do you install in the fuel return opening? Lastly, besides stock look, why is/isn't the fuel return necessary? I know they are back ordered until July or so.

Thanks, Todd

I do drill and tap and then surface the edge. But that is it. If you want to use the fuel return you will have to provide the banjo bolt and fitting that connects to the return line.

To be honest in the 200 carbs I have sold so far. I have only done a return line for 4 carbs. Probably 50 or so carbs went on cruiser that used to have return lines but are now plugged. So far no issues. That being said I'm sure I will eat those words one day.

Another option if those want the return line to the tank but want a simple carb setup. You can use a fuel pump from a late Fj40 or Fj60. It has the return line built into it so only one line goes to the carb.

Only reason I say you don't need it is early carbs didn't have a fuel return at the carb or the pump. They work just fine.

Sign me up. No fuel line return necessary. Thanks.

Need a carb for a 77'. Put me on the list.

edit....as per our pm conversation, will need a carb for a 79 as well.

Last edited:
I need one too for my 78 FJ40.
Haven't decided on the return line yet, but I will by july.

--ed

Hello, I would like to purchase a carb for my desmogged 82 fj60. Are we still looking at July for an arrival date? Also, I have read that you do not recommend your non usa dizzy's for fj60's as the stock one's are better, however mine is rather corroded under the cap. I also can't seem to find a price or listing for the dizzy's on your page. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I am going to want one of these for a 73 FJ40 but probably not till like October. Have to see how finances go since I have to save atm for a trip to Europe with my sis.

Can you sell a basic carb spacer I could use in place of the one with the metal plate on my '82 FJ40? Also, when will your EFI be ready? Thanks.

Carbs are not in yet. Looking at around 4 weeks out. But at least they have been made.

Distributors are $75 each. They are points dizzy's. I wouldn't reccomend them as a replacement for the 60 dizzy. That is a downgrade.

I'm working on having carb spacers by the time the new shipment arrives.

so what is the latest word on the 60 series carbs?
do they run as well as they look? like or near oem quality? longer term durability?

did not read the entire thread. but really thinking about one.

*edit*
going to move up to i want one.
fj60 no return.

Last edited:
Who would want an old carb, if you can get a new one for what a used one is worth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom