Need your opinion....

The hardtop windows will be going in soon and then it will be on to the top....If you can't tell from the pictures, the color of the 40 is dark red/maroon. (not a factory color) All along I have been thinking that I would paint the top black to match all of the other trim. Lately, however, I am having some second thoughts and wonder if I should stick with white? What are your thoughts?
DSCN2700.jpg
DSCN2698.jpg

35inchoverdrive

Forge Specialties
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't think you could ever go wrong with a white bezel and a white top, but we've got a 40 locally that's yellow with a black bezel and a black top. It looks fine...but I'm still partial to white.

i would say white because it gives it that land cruiser look but i also would say black if it is done right with a gloss on the bezel i dont think a non gloss black would look that good... also where in portland you located that looks like NW portland out off 185th/murray area...

Actually, I'm in Sherwood...Most of those areas look the same though. Thanks for the advice, still not sure but I have a few weeks before I really need to decide.

i went with a black top before, and i thought it looked pretty neat for awhile then the feeling of euphoria subsided and i eventually regretted it and wanted the white top like cruisers normally have. Other then the fact that it will be very hot with the black top on it theres no real problem... in the end its your truck and do whatever you want to it, if people don't like it ... f*#@ 'em

Definitely feel the white on white has the classic look to it.....the dark red looks really good, too! The white would really set it off....IMHO:)

I'd go with white. That's a sweet color you've got there. I'll put that on the list of optional colors for mine when I'm ready for paint!!

sepr2

SILVER Star
I'm biased as I live in the very warm south but white and white. White is a must for the top without A/C in the SE. Course, we are partial to topless...

I bought mine with the black top, bezel and fenders. It has grown on me, but I will eventually go white. It is just a matter of trying to match the fenders to the rest of the body. BTW, I do like that color.
FJ40-small.JPG

Oh, the black top is hotter than hell in the Texas summer. I don't know if white would even help that much though. The top is coming off this summer.

NICE COLOR CHOICE!

go with white. It looks like the early years had a light grey white. Looks GREAT with a deep red.

anyways any shade of white is always better than black....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom