My Turn - The Mega Dream Garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s been raining over since last night. I’m thankful to have a dry warm shop to work in/on.

After work today I started moving a bunch of stuff from the little shop to the mega garage. How did I have all this stuff in the little shop and where did it all come from?!
20221206_192551.jpg

There is still a ton of stuff in there.

Here is a pic of the narrow wall by the door I put metal on with some 2x4 support for some hooks behind. I found a hook set hidden in the garage I may put up there. It is hanging on the window sill. I need to shorten the hooks.
20221206_192544.jpg

I also got some snap on trim to go around the hole the chain lock is in. Keep me from scratching a hand.

Moving day #2.
After cleaning the leaves off the roof (something I probably should not be doing having passed the half century plus mark) I cleaned up the leaves and overseeded the yard with rye grass. Normally there would be no way that would work in December but the next week is supposed to be alternating wet and sunny and never below 50 so I think it will do its thing.

Anyway, got a bunch of stuff moved today: work bench, another big shelf, the big tool box, filing cabinet and some small stuff.

Dang I love my Kubota!
20221210_152132.jpg

Funny thing was after setting the cabinet down ever so carefully I thought I was clear of it and just barely caught it with the fork, knocking it over. I laughed my behind off knowing how careful I had been moving it up there until that point. Nothing damaged. Easy clean up. Glad it was not the tool chest!

I planted rye around my shop last winter and it grew very well! Yours will probably do the same. Tractors with forks are the best tool for moving large heavy items between shop/garage.

Pulled the trigger on lighting.
8 @ Lithonia Lighting IBE 18LM MVOLT 50K LED Linear High Bay, 5000.
According to the model I need 9 but the mezzanine will have its own lights.
$1250 delivered with mounting hardware. Ouch.
It was between the 15kLM and 18kLM and using the Visual Tool ( Visual Interior Tool - https://www.visual-3d.com/tools/interior/ ) , reading some reviews and then see some pictures I think I am good. I chose these becasue their quality seems higher than most and they are dimmable. They are about the same price as the 25kLM saucers my electrician wanted to use but I bought more than what he thought I should have.
Thanks for all the input. It was helpful.
I set them up to be delivered next Wednesday. I am on leave that day so it should work out well.

In other news I think I have decided on the Campbell Hausfeld 80 Gallon 2 stage compressor available at Home Desperate. I have been shopping compressors for years and owned one 60 gallon and several small ones. One thing seems true. If they are made in USA most of the parts are made by the one US manufacturer - Emax, BelAire, etc. And the price of course shows that.
The ones that are made in China all seem the same and just vary by paint color and brand. Even Ingersol Rand seems to have a China line.
What can go wrong? The price point is pretty good for an 80. I have always done a lot of cabinet sandblasting and that is demanding. It appears that the big CH compressors may be US made. So that will make me feel better about dropping the coin.

Last edited:
Have you purchased the wire yet? I went with a 12/2 MC cable with the 16/2 signal pair. Nice that it’s all in one shielded cable but not easy to find and pricey. Makes for a very clean install though.

Have you purchased the wire yet? I went with a 12/2 MC cable with the 16/2 signal pair. Nice that it’s all in one shielded cable but not easy to find and pricey. Makes for a very clean install though.
I have not. The signal portion is for the dimming, correct?

Got myself a cheapo Amazon metal cabinet for all the stuff that was stored in my wall cabinets in my little shop.
Not bad for $160. Asseembly was not too bad. The packaging was remarkably good.
20221216_150858.jpg
20221216_153038.jpg

And I got some other stuff moved over.
Some edging to keep me from scratching my wrist up.
20221216_154347.jpg

Tunage
20221216_153046.jpg

Some organization
20221216_171533.jpg

Big surprise from Mr Brown today. My lights showed up but the chains and hooks that they said were not included and I ordered seperately did not. Well, surprise number 2 was that the stuff was included with each light. So I hung them all. I specifically hung them as prescribed by the application. Hopefully I will be happy with placement.
IMG-20221220-WA0002.jpeg

20221220_125721.jpg

20221220_125845.jpg

20221220_125908.jpg

Looks great. I mentioned a few days ago in my thread that the chains and V-hangers were included.

So how high is that light off the floor?
About 13 feet 3 inches. It is the 18k. If the application is for real I should be in good shape.
What dimmer switches did you use?

Post #82:

If it were me, given that they are 18k lumens, I would hang them as high as possible; aka remove the chains.

Last edited:
Got the refund on the hardware for the lights. That junk was 60 bones! I should have been more dilegent in my reading of Greg's thread.
Today I loaded up a bunch if old metal including super heavy old chainlink and posts that had been left on my property and dragged it to recycling - got $52.
Hit HD for some lumber and then got the second load of fencing into the truck but could not make the recycler before closing so that stiff will have to sit in the truck a while. Maybe next Thursday.

Good to see you again my brother! Glad your mom is recovering quickly!

Merry Christmas to all y'all!
The Mrs just got herself a tow rig.
Meet Lance:
IMG-20221223-WA0000.jpg

7.3 Powerstroke!

Good to see you again my brother! Glad your mom is recovering quickly!

Merry Christmas to all y'all!
The Mrs just got herself a tow rig.
Meet Lance:
View attachment 3200684
7.3 Powerstroke!

The fun question might be ... What does she need a tow rig for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom