My Turn - The Mega Dream Garage (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delay on the wiring. My electrician buddy has to go out of town to fix a machine so there is a 1 week delay. Boo.

Stuff is happening.
Electrician dropped off his lift yesterday. And tells me he has an old commercial blaster up for grabs. I grabbed it for a couple hundred bucks. Will need a little work but nothing too difficult. An HF is $300 and still needs upgrades so this was a deal.
20230203_155810.jpg
20230203_155819.jpg
20230203_155825.jpg

The wiring is getting done over the next couple days.
I have wired plenty of garages and basements but nothing on this scale. I think he will do it far more efficiently than I could.

I have that same Blaster. It's made by Trinco. They still make and support it if you need glass, seals or gloves.
Cool. I do. I will check them out. I think TP tools sells some compatible stuff.
Haven't looked so I will ask - does Trinco sell direct or use a vendor?

And now I will go look myself.

BTW, how the heck can you empty it? My last blaster was high enough I could put a 5 gallon bucket under it.

Well that was easy:

Sort of weird. No price list. You must submit for a quote. I will need to figure that all out on a desktop probably.

But here is the big news!
IMG-20230205-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230205-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230205-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230205-WA0003.jpg

Lights worked out perfect.
All electrics are in and done!
It got dark outside while I was out there and I did not even realize it. :lol:

The two flourecent lights under the mezzanine were from my basement. I need to change the bulbs out to have all the same.

Edit: I got those grey Mustang seats for $80. I think they will fit in the 40 quite well.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was chatting with my buddy (the electrician) and truly realized it was far more efficient to pay him than do it myself. My plan fell far short of his and he did it in 2 days.

If anyone breaks down near Rome, GA, pm me. @davegonz opened his shop to me several years ago for an oil leak and I will certainly pay that forward!

Today's accomplishments were moving a bunch of 40 parts to the new shop from the attic of the old shack and plant the pavers so I am no longer walking through mud.

Yes, they are straight and level. The look kinda crooked in the pics.
IMG-20230209-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230209-WA0000.jpg

Well - after much shopping and deliberating I pulled the trigger on a Campbell Hausfeld 80 gallon 2 stage air compressor from Home Depot. ( :princess: made me do it)
Shipping to store for pickup on the 28th.
I need to get some isolators.
I elected to get the 3 year protection plan and got the 10% Military discount so that was super helpful.
Next big expense will be all the tubing and stuff for the manifold. There are several suppliers but I think Amazon has the stuff I want with Prime shipping and it is cheaper tha Summit and TP Tools.

Today I replaced the PS pump in my 7.3 Ambulance. It rained all day and I was warm and dry. Good thing too. There is little room in there with the big diesel. It was not easy.

Hockey pucks for isolators. Drill through the center of them, bolt the compressor feet through the pucks and into the pallet/concrete.

Hockey pucks for isolators. Drill through the center of them, bolt the compressor feet through the pucks and into the pallet/concrete.
Dude - I live in N GA. Hockey pucks are about as common as a useful politician!

What piping system are you looking at for air? I used Rapidair and really like it. There’s an off name brand that is slightly less expensive. Northern Tool and Rural King carry both.

What piping system are you looking at for air? I used Rapidair and really like it. There’s an off name brand that is slightly less expensive. Northern Tool and Rural King carry both.
Rapidair is what I am looking at. It is sold several different places for varying price points. I like that you can get the kit and then all the accessories separately. I will probably do a loop around the ceiling qnd 4 or 5 drops.
Pretty sure it will be cheaper and easier than black pipe which is what I used in.my last shop!

Last edited:
So this was my selection:

The reviews are overall good. It does not have an on/off switch and I find that odd. I probably do not need so.ething this big but why nit do it right the first time? I sandblasted a ton of 40 parts with a 60 gallon single stage yellow compressor and I ran constantly. This may be better for sanding, blasting and painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom