My friend's FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MexicanNewby

SILVER Star
Threads
My friend Manuel has been restoring his 1960 FJ25 for the past 8+ years.

Invoice shows it was originally sold in Mexico City Toyota dealership.

Today he drove it for the first time.

Today was a good day for him.

I am happy for Manuel.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 06.34.39.jpeg

Yeah baby! But we need 10,000 more pictures :p!

Story time folks;

Some years ago Manuel found a Japanese FJ28, bought it for scraps. He was going to restore it and and in the meantime used some of the better parts on his rig. He was then offered a reasonable price for it by the FJ Company who assured him it was going to the LC Heritage Museum.

This was originally brought to México from Japan for the Department of Highways and Infrastructure. It was part of a cultural exchange in work culture between the governments of Japan and México. The exchange allowed for the vehicle to jump regular import paperwork and brought into the country without Mexican Specs and right hand drive. It was originally driven by the Japanese crews doing territory surveys.
After the Japanese crew left, the fleet remained, meaning there may still be others. The lack of parts eventually rendered it inoperable after many years of service and sat in government vehicle yards until it was auctioned off.

Well, he sold them the rig and they kept their promise, the rig sits at the LCHeritage Museum today: Land Cruiser Heritage Museum - 1960 FJ28 - https://landcruiserhm.com/museum-collection/vehicle-collection/193-1960-fj28

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 19.08.32 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 19.08.32.jpeg

Beautiful 25 and great job restoring it, but I would have never let that 28 go. I've seen it on the FJCompany site. It's amazing.

¡bien hecho! Una belleza!
Check out the bows top left in this FJ25 owners manual:
20210331_225038.jpg

¡bien hecho! Una belleza!
Check out the bows top left in this FJ25 owners manual: View attachment 2633844

So Manuel tried desperately to find the bows for this but they're really scarce.

He ended up doing trial and error till he got them "right" copying them from pictures.

I remember that at one point he had a file with over 40 printed pics to give to the smith and make the reproductions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom