My friend's FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We could all be fooled, except @pardion, he's seen the real deal. Personally, I think it's a pretty good job., and I've seen like, 40 different pictures in an album.

I think Manuel deserves extra credit for having done this without huge support from fellow Cruiserheads. It's tough enough to brings these early Cruisers back with access to the collective wisdom of this forum, to have done it in an island deserves extra kudos!

A few pictures:

A6693B10-DFA5-41D2-A346-E30E9A8C1D63.jpg

He worked out all the roof structure parts by himself, trial and error till he got it right too.

03884BDC-11F8-42E4-B7A1-799EF9A1EFF9.jpg
3C548782-E355-43C9-A79C-48027848AF5A.jpg

Manuel posing next to his nearly complete project, if that isn't a proud man....I don't know what is...

IMG_4516.jpg

He left the face of the speedo in original condition, I think it's a nice and classy touch.

IMG_4518.jpg

Last edited:
His electrics and dash are on point, still missing Choke and Throttle, otherwise it is complete.

IMG_4527.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg

He also did a fantastic adaptation, he couldn't find OEM parking lights so he used these "Lucas" brand ones from MG, the fit perfectly:

IMG_4514.jpg
IMG_4515.jpg
IMG_4531.jpg

He is still missing the rubber bit that goes around the gas tank spout.

IMG_4517.jpg

Otherwise the rig is looking fine fine fine!

IMG_4512.jpg

He had the original windshield hooks (right) and the bases were ok but the hooks were bust, he disassembled new ones (left) and adapted them to the original base, amazing, no?

IMG_4513.jpg

Instructions in Spanish.

IMG_4520.jpg

Last edited:
This is so awesome, I wish this thing could talk, I bet it has great stories!

Absolutely beautiful! Great work.

Sweet!

Jeronimo,

Who did his canvas work?

Keith

I got images from @67azcruizr 's amazing post where he uploaded the cutout designs, FJ25 Factory Soft Top Reproduction - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj25-factory-soft-top-reproduction.1059956/, in it @pardion uploaded photos of an original top.

I sent them to Manuel and he simply worked it out himself.

He first secured marine grade canvas, he had ordered from the U.S.. He then went to an local upholsterer who used the designs as well as the photos. He got MOST of it right, except the rear window, which he made huge. Manuel was pissed but his marine-grade fabric was spent.

I can ask him how much it cost him.

Tell Manuel: "Se ve que tu restauracion es una labor de pasion, no sabes como hemos disfrutado viendo fotos de tu FJ25 y nos consumen los celos. Un abrazo desde Texas y saludos de toda la comunidad de "Cruiserheads" y fanaticos de los Land Cruiser mas antiguos"! :)

Tell Manuel: "Se ve que tu restauracion es una labor de pasion, no sabes como hemos disfrutado viendo fotos de tu FJ25 y nos consumen los celos. Un abrazo desde Texas y saludos de toda la comunidad de "Cruiserheads" y fanaticos de los Land Cruiser mas antiguos"! :)

:) Will do - Así lo haré.

I forwarded him your message, he is beyond flattered. "Mil gracias me halaga mucho sus comentarios.".

Wow. Very nice.

He told me the feat it was to preserve the wiring as he removed it for body and paint work...

I'll try getting more detailed pics for you.

Went to visit Manuel today, here's the final details on his self made canvas top.

He manufactured his own footman loops by pressing steel nails at the ends.

IMG_6116.jpg

The straps are also the best that was at hand...

IMG_6117.jpg
IMG_6126.jpg
IMG_6129.jpg

He got these fasteners from England, they're marine grade apparently. Came out really well.

As previously noted, the rear window is too large, a mistake of the upholsterer. A technical improvement as there is more visibility now. "Happy accident" Bob Ross would say...

IMG_6130.jpg

A few more.

He's trying to manufacture the rear seat from scratch. He has nothing to go from...

The footman loops are on that side as he is checking the height of the holes for the other side.

IMG_6118.jpg

I really like this detail for fastening....

IMG_6125.jpg

Now engine bay....

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

Crap photo of the home made footman loops.

IMG_6115.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom