My Baby's Cummin(s) Along (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I'd try starting a build thread on my Cummins 2.8 install. It's going to be slow road. Looks like lots of R&D, welding practice and fabrication.

The crate was impressive. The first one I've ever received that didn't have to be destroyed because of nails, staples, etc. Could be used again, but one of the sides with the logo will become wall art in the garage.

Tomorrow I'll try setting it in the engine bay to get an idea about motor mounts and exhaust routing.

Cummins-in-the-bed.jpg

Cummins-on-the-stand.jpg

Mo pics of that engine plz...

:popcorn:

Come on, don't be a tease. Close up pics and build plan please :popcorn:

My 2F has 2 bad cylinders and has for a while. I have been trying to decide what to do (rebuild, LS, etc.) and now there is this to through into the mix. I am going to do something in the spring. I will be seriously looking at Tor's kit when that comes out. Though I am waiting to hear real world reviews of this motor in an FJ60, I am definitely considering this motor. I will be watching this thread with interest.

Subscribed. This motor looks like a nearly ideal 2F replacement in a 40 to me. Hoping to be able to do it when the time comes.

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom