My 76 1UZ build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mound City malt and Fleischman's yeast are two things I'll say. It was depression times and my family was very poor, so anything they used was gotten on the cheap. My Dad came from a family of eleven brothers and sisters.

Verifying something. The instructions for the tob seem contradictory
Download a new set of instructions.
Screenshot_20201122-164911.png

That's so bizarre, what, were they saving on paper and sending out the old ones until they ran out???
But thanks J Mac, looks like I am well within spec and ready to reassemble that part.

Mound city malt.. not one I recognize... 11 kids, I'd be making beer no matter what too :)

Here is the trick.. per Bob, drink the beer 1st, then pop the c ring off the back of the lock, crawl around for a while until you locate the c ring that flew off so easily, flip the rod past the window channel, connect the lever with the doohicky that keeps it attached, pass the lever through the keyhole, put c ring back on without scratching paint, done, congratulate yourself with another pint

Here is the trick.. per Bob, drink the beer 1st, then pop the c ring off the back of the lock, crawl around for a while until you locate the c ring that flew off so easily, flip the rod past the window channel, connect the lever with the doohicky that keeps it attached, pass the lever through the keyhole, put c ring back on without scratching paint, done, congratulate yourself with another pint

Now repeat on the other side, but switch hands ...

You guys crack me up. For the record, the DS geometry is just a little different, can't fish the level through the lock hole, back to bent fingers.
I’ve got both lock cylinders out of the 74, was going to get keys made. Not looking forward to the re-install.
BTW, for those of you who know (sorry, hijacking the thread), are there 3 different keys (ignition, doors, tailgate keyswitch) on a 55? Or is the tailgate keyswitch keyed like the ignition or doors?

Keyway seems different on all three.

(yes, some of you have a lock on the fuel door as well. I’m not blessed with that on this pig.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom