Builds My 1965 FJ45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser has mocked up a bolt in transmission frame support. He put a slight slant towards the rear that allows the transmission to clear the floor of the cab. No modifications to the floor needed.

IMG_6182.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you, or anybody else get their rear lens gaskets?

I made my rear lenses gaskets by cutting down a set from the newer three color lenses. Pics of the process are earlier in this thread. They will work until somebody makes a reproduction.

Last edited:
I made my rear lenses gaskets by cutting down a set from the newer three color lenses. Pics of the process are earlier in this thread. They will work until somebody can make some reproductions.
That's so funny... I was leaning to do the exact same thing.... Thanks!

Got the doors done. Just need the bug catcher hardware and door stops to come back from the plater.
Using Overland Metric's new stainless steel fasteners. Rubber is from Cruiser Outfitters. Very pleased with both!
IMG_6236.JPG

IMG_6229.JPG

Last edited:
That bed is a work of art. Maybe you don't put it on and you use it as shop "art work". I really like that color and I never get tired of looking at it. Keep up the outstanding work.

Mark

Mathew, are you going to paint the rear letters on the tailgate?

Mark

I thought about the vinyl letters as well but went with paint. A little blue tape and some patience and your there.

I went with paint so it is an exact match to the Cygnus white of the bezel and roof. I have used lettering kits on other trucks before and was dissapointed in the relatively short life span of the letters.

IMG_1341.JPG

I like the tailgate letters body color personally plus I believe that's how they came in '65. Think they started painting them in 66?

Regardless beautiful job you're doing!

Mathew, maybe your painter has some of the white paint left over. White roof, bezel and tailgate letters...........just look cool on a Land Cruiser.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom