Builds My 1965 FJ45 LWB (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started on the wiring. Stripped off the outer tape. Found most all of the wires are in good shape. Just a few loose connectors that need to be replaced and two wires that I don't know what they power.

IMG_6146.JPG

Last edited:
On 40's it installs like this with the top gasket laid over it. The gasket comes up short on 40's.

IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG

But installed mine like this because that is where the air leak would be on my 45.

IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG

My bad kreutz. I thought you were talking about my tail lights not kunzma's.

Great job Matt, truck looks great

Thanks guys! Matt, the roof you sold me looks really good. It's ready to drop on the tub when that gets done.

I got the camshaft back and it only cost $100 to have three lobes redone and to go thru their whole process. The engine work should start to move forward again.

Last edited:
The rear reflectors (Grote 4023) were purchased on Ebay for a little over $8 for the pair with free shipping. They are an american brand that hasn't changed design in 50 years. I've seen them in pics on 45's and they fit perfectly. I think that some of the dealers were installing them once the trucks arrived from Japan, but I don't know that for sure.

Last edited:
Sorted out the wiring and rewrapped it. Disconnected the fuse block and soaked it in vinegar for an hour. Then hit it with a toothbrush, the dremel tool, and sandpaper to remove the paint and corrosion.

IMG_6167.JPG

IMG_6169.JPG

Last edited:
Poser fitted the 2F engine and H55 transmission. The shifter needs to be straightened and the twin sticks need to be bent to the left. Looks like a tight fit but will work without a body lift.

IMG_6180.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom