Minor engine studder at 3-4 lbs of boost (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For troubleshooting fuel delivery issues, can the OP install a schrader valve deal on the fuel line somewhere for connecting a fuel pressure test kit?

I Appreciate the help guys. It was definitely spark plug problem. Going to be staying away from the 2.8” pulley until @NLXTACY develops us an intercooler. Roasted these in 10k miles
69E846E0-B76B-4B80-BA00-3E2349272984.jpeg
D198D1AD-6EF7-4691-81DE-2A78264817CC.jpeg
840E7AA1-BA22-4C68-8318-738893435848.jpeg

Are all three plugs the same plug number - PK20R8?

What I see from your pictures you are running too hot of plug as there are absolutely no deposits on the tips. Have you checked the ignition timing? It could be that your too advanced or lean getting preignition. It is not necessarily because you need an intercooler. Possible that the fuel injectors are not balanced or clogged.

Typically with the supercharger you run at least a two step colder plug like a PK22R8 or PK24R8. A for a stock motor Denso calls for a PK16R8. The larger number is a cooler plug. There are threads that reference using the MR2 turbo plugs with the supercharger. I don't have that plug number handy.

The fa

I have the timing advanced 4 degrees. I’ll take it back to stock.

There is your issue right there, timing. Advanced for normally aspirated and stock for forced induction on the 1FZFE.
Those are the right plugs. I got the same ones from CDan years ago for my SC build. I posted the part number in this thread. For some reason the quote isn’t popping up now.
Install my supercharger or sell it?

Yeah with the planned extra weight you could definetly benefit from the extra HP & Torque that the SC will give you.

Just at a reference, my 80 is heavy and I had 1,000lbs of people, 235 lbs. of fuel, and 300 lbs. of gear in my 80 going up mountain passes at 70+MPH. My normally aspirated 1FZE could never have done that yet the SC made easy work of it.

Oh and by the way, the part # for the MR2 spark plugs are 90919-01180-83. They are Denso brand PK20R8
Sorry but I don't know the part # for the blue hub fan cluth as I bought it used.

Added the quote from that thread with the part number... “the part # for the MR2 spark plugs are 90919-01180-83. They are Denso brand PK20R8”
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom