Milton Martin Toyota - Gainesville, GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Threads
Helping my daughter look for an FJ Cruiser on-line, I came across one at Milton Martin Toyota in Gainesville, Georgia. I called them, set up an appointment for Friday evening, and my Mom and Daughter went to go look at it. It looked great but had a few blemishes; scratches, dented bumper, and stains in the seats. I asked if they would agree to fix those items, I would take it. No problem they say, and that the interior guy was coming this Thursday to clean the upholstery. I said fine, I'll bring a Bank Check on Friday for the full amount, sign all the paperwork and pick the FJ up.

Saturday, the next day, unfortunately I and my daughter are both working. I get a call about the FJ, the sales guy tells me that they are trying to show the rig, but he has the keys. I tell him, "I'll put some money down on my credit card to hold it but I can not get there till this Friday. We want the FJ Cruiser." He says, "OK, let me check with my manager." He calls me a few hours later, and ask if I can come in to sign the paper work. I told him, "I'm working and can not get there today, but I can on Sunday", but they are not open. I asked if he could bring me the paperwork on Monday (today) and I'll sign it.....He says, "Let me check with my manager."

Get a Text this morning (Monday) saying they needed to meet the "QUOTA" for January and the FJ Cruiser was sold late Saturday night!

And they wonder why "Used Car Salesmen" get a bad rap.

I feel bad for my Daughter, she was actually looking forward to getting on the "IH8MUD - FJ Cruiser" forum.....Oh well, our search will go on!

Rick, sorry to hear about the unfortunate and typical used car salesman's lame excuses. Things happen for a reason and obviously, this transaction was not meant to be, as such your daughter will find a much better FJ Cruiser down the road.:)

Milton Martin sucks. I was stumped and couldn't get my FJ60 a/c to work. I figured I'd run it by there and have them check it out because surely a Toyota shop would know what was wrong. I go to pick it up when they call me and when I get there they say they didn't fix it, but charged me $100 for time. I said why am I paying you $100 and they gave me some snappy reply about paying for their "expertise" and they can't work for free. Anyway I leave pissed because I didn't even get a diagnosis. On the way home I start thinking about the new distributor i put in and decide to reattach the RPM wire that I had disconnected and adjust the a/c amplifier (in racetrack parking lot). Well after that it blew ice cold... imagine that! Something so petty. I made it a point to go back and show them what I did. They still did not offer to refund me. I boycott them for everything. Dirtbags.

What were you looking for? I'll keep an eye out. Should be back to Ga in a couple weeks.

What were you looking for? I'll keep an eye out. Should be back to Ga in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the offer. Copied from the web, here is what she is looking for:

2014_toyota_fj_cruiser_base_kennesaw_ga_4590043467225830583.jpg

Preferred FJ Cruiser - 2014, all the bells and whistles/packages, 4X4, JBL, Non smoker...we'll find what she wants. I'm a very patient person, my daughter, not so much.

Not defending the dealership, but why didn't you sign a purchase agreement when you were there if you said you would buy it.

If I'm selling something, it isn't sold or held without some money changing hands.

Not defending the dealership, but why didn't you sign a purchase agreement when you were there if you said you would buy it.

If I'm selling something, it isn't sold or held without some money changing hands.

Good question. Not sure why they didn't ask me too sign something? After we settled on the agreed purchase price, we shook hands and said we would see each other on Friday. I offered earnest money to hold it in my name, but they said it would be ready for me Friday after the detail shop finished their work Thursday. Even the next day, I offered to put $2,500 on my credit card to hold it. I talked to them twice on Saturday before it was sold, and each time offered earnest money to hold it. I tired to have some money change hands to hold it....but no luck? I couldn't get their to sign the papers, and they were more interested in making their January QUOTA, so I lost out!

It is a lesson learned for me, my daughter and mother. Thanks for the info, next time I'll insist on signing a purchase agreement should I come across the same situation.

I would hazard a guess the other buyer was told it was 'sold' for x dollars so they probably offered $100 more to get it. Either way its a rotten deal because what are you going to say when the dealer says we've been offered more do you want to match or beat it ? I know what my response would be. Signed contract was your only chance, on the day :-(

I keep a look out. If you see anything north of Gainesville and I can assist let me know.

Dang sorry man. Likely what really happened was they sold it to someone for more money than u offered. The salesman get paid off of what it sells for. Too bad your not in Colorado, I work on the trade ins at the dealership here. We revamp them pretty good b4 they go out. We get a lot of FJ cruisers. You sure that's what she wants? They have terrible blind spots. A 4TH gen 4runner is the same thing but a little bigger and much easier to drive

There is a "Silver Lining" or shall I say, "Platinum Lining" to this story...

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0267.JPG

What do they say, good things come to those who wait...Patience is my friend! Yep, I'd say this is one of the nicest we had seen. Thus, I struck a deal, cut a check and we brought it home.

So, Milton Martin Toyota, I give you the MUD salute...:flipoff2:

What is this black plastic thing in front of you?
:)

There is a "Silver Lining" or shall I say, "Platinum Lining" to this story...I give you the MUD salute...:flipoff2:

So what's her new screen name... so we can troll her and bad mouth her dad :)

And for MM Toyota ... it will now be a nameless place

You should do what I do ... I go out of my way to go to one dealership to have all recalls done ... and I make a point to point out why I do not go to their dealership for anything else ... and when they mess up a recall I get to go back and complain more about how their service stinks

Which reminds me... my wife's car needs to go back and have two dash lights hooked up better... they haven't worked since they replaced the dash on recall :meh:

The service manager loved to hear from me on the phone ... again... even sent me a survey

They are going to love seeing me again ... I'm waiting a month before I go back because i just don't feel like being in there twice in one month

As @kulangot shared with me many years ago, the deal of a lifetime comes along every six months.

Glad you didn't have to wait that long Rick.

:cheers:

What is this black plastic thing in front of you?

So what's her new screen name... so we can troll her and bad mouth her dad :)

And for MM Toyota ... it will now be a nameless place

You should do what I do ... I go out of my way to go to one dealership to have all recalls done ... and I make a point to point out why I do not go to their dealership for anything else ... and when they mess up a recall I get to go back and complain more about how their service stinks

Which reminds me... my wife's car needs to go back and have two dash lights hooked up better... they haven't worked since they replaced the dash on recall :meh:

The service manager loved to hear from me on the phone ... again... even sent me a survey

They are going to love seeing me again ... I'm waiting a month before I go back because i just don't feel like being in there twice in one month

Toyota pays their techs 40 percent less if its a warranty job. Its pretty bad. So it doesn't give techs much incentive to do a decent job to fix Toyotas screw ups when they pay almost half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom