Builds Mid Life Adventure 2010 LX570 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the old girl dirty and picked up a few pin stripes.

So, this happened!

What....? Am I missing something

Screenshot_20190620-221335_Chrome.jpg

I was joking. I can’t see anything either. I think his pictures didn’t upload.

You had me for a bit there :rofl:
I thought it was because I was on my phone

My psychic powers tell me that OP came up to BC, picked up this trailer and tried to post a photo of it:

hTRlF4z.jpg

t0alinZ.jpg

No, I wasn't there, don't know anyone there, and am not associated in any way. I just... know all the things.

For anyone interested, these are the trailers that "DogHouseTrailers" sells in Chilliwack.

I like them! And Dobinson was really nice and easy to work with.
I need to fiddle a little with the fitment. The side compartment doors are a bit tight. I just haven't taken the time. It was a pretty straightforward install. Took a few hours so plan on that. I had to drill 4 new holes to get one of the mounting brackets in the right spot, seems to be the norm as it is in the instructions. They send you a bunch of thick washers to level the box with the floor. I used all of them and then some. So if you don't have some or live near a hardware store get them before you start. Get a 90 deg drill or adapter. Also they weigh 250lbs so have a friend to help you get them in.

Just ran into the same issue with not enough washers. It says the washers should stack to equal 10mm, but I'm going to need more than 10mm worth to clear the insulation and carpet. Do you have any memory of how many you used? I hate not having my install match the instructions.

Hey @raincityrider would love to hear how life has been with the trailer!

It is great. Cant even feel it behind the truck. Nice to keep all of our gear packed all summer so we don't have deal with it every time. The RTT is really comfy no rocks or roots in the back easy to level with trailer jacks too. I think I'm gonna switch to the hard shell tent though. A bit more space and easier to set up and breakdown. I moved the awning onto the rig. The stove is nice but I still bring a 2 burner Coleman. Hard to feed 3-6 people on one burner. I need to get a solar set up too. Switching to a lock'n Roll hitch too.

Cheers!

Just ran into the same issue with not enough washers. It says the washers should stack to equal 10mm, but I'm going to need more than 10mm worth to clear the insulation and carpet. Do you have any memory of how many you used? I hate not having my install match the instructions.
Man I don't remember. I found some beveled ones to since the angle is weird. Make sure you test the side covers before final install. Mine don't sit right so the cove just sits on top. I have been meaning to get some rare earth magnets to fix the problem.

Cheers

@Onur Can you please change to a build thread?

Finally got the time to install my @sleeoffroad Sliders. Also installed a Slee Group 31 Battery tray and started the install of ARB Twin Compressor w/Slee mount. Need to figure out where to put the switch for the compressor. I might jest put it in the engine bay for now. Not sure if I want to cut up the wiring harness. Pictures to follow.

Anyone know what the plug from the Compressor to the switch loom is so I can make my own?

IMG_9045.jpg
IMG_9046.jpg

Finally got the time to install my @sleeoffroad Sliders. Also installed a Slee Group 31 Battery tray and started the install of ARB Twin Compressor w/Slee mount. Need to figure out where to put the switch for the compressor. I might jest put it in the engine bay for now. Not sure if I want to cut up the wiring harness. Pictures to follow.

Anyone know what the plug from the Compressor to the switch loom is so I can make my own?

View attachment 2318412View attachment 2318413

the Slee Mount has a spot for a switch!

2BCDE1AF-8F55-439B-AFE0-C4925F1682CE.jpeg

Yeah, I was gonna put it in the plastic engine cover. 😁

yep. Nightly wrapped and zip tied in case I ever move the switch.
Did you connect the aux power or just the hot and cold? Is this switch the Isolator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom